Audi TT Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone's interested I had this kit fitted yesterday in the TT - works very well, if anyone wants to know who did it please pm me and I'll let you know. The dealer (ICE/Alarms etc not a main dealer) is based in Formby and has worked on a number of high end cars - including a stereo re-fit on the first Veyron in the country so he's pretty good at his stuff.

The kit uses the car speakers and mutes automatically when making and receiving calls.

There was no easy place to fit it and I have to say that it works very well in this location.

·
Registered
2,482 Posts
Thanks for sharing shamster, you sound pretty pleased

To be honest though, I'm glad I don't *need* my phone when driving

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Janitor said:
Thanks for sharing shamster, you sound pretty pleased

To be honest though, I'm glad I don't *need* my phone when driving
Emergency calls only Janitor! :p :oops:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Got a Parrot system fitted to my company car last week, and its really good. It means i can make any tedious calls on my drive home now, so i don't have to do it when i get home :p

Just out of interest, how much did it cost for the system and installation? The one in my company car doesn't look as advanced as your's, mine's the monochrome version, but works perfectly well

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've got it but the sometimes people have real problems hearing me, mind you it may be as I have got the unit on the left side of my steering wheel & I have a ragtop!?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm thinking of getting one fitted.

Where have you got the microphone positioned?

Cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
pbarlow003 said:
Got a Parrot system fitted to my company car last week, and its really good. It means i can make any tedious calls on my drive home now, so i don't have to do it when i get home :p

Just out of interest, how much did it cost for the system and installation? The one in my company car doesn't look as advanced as your's, mine's the monochrome version, but works perfectly well
Can't remember exactly :lol: - it was fitted in my MINI for a couple of weeks then taken out and installed in the TT. To fit it into the TT was £150 + vat but it was a fiddly process as he had to make a custom bracket and some of that would've covered the cost of removing it from the MINI too. My guess is it would be around the £225 mark to supply and fit.

I've yet to try it with the top down but top up people can hear me clearly.

Taran - it has two mics built in to the unit itself at the top either side of the screen.

It will work off voice tags too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have one of these too - so far no complaints although have no idea how the voicetag thing works.

Audi stealer fitted it above the stereo but got them to move it so it now sits above the light switch. Not quite so visible, but no bad thing :?

Connection seems good and no complaints from folks I'm talking to - does make the trip home after work a little more productive (Moscow traffic is a complete ballsache).

·
Registered
260 Posts
Voice tags thing works well!! All you do is select Voice Commands from the menu, and then select a name/number from the numbers stored on it, then you say the person's name when it tells you too.

Once you've done that, whenever you want to call them, just press the green phone button and say the person's name/voice tag and it dials it, saves you having to scroll through your phonebook while driving :p

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Thought about one of these but just could not bear the thought of some numbnut pulling my interior about. Also, I sometimes use a Road Angel and the dash would look very messy IMO.

So, I decided on a "clip on" Parott MiniKit - It is fantastic.

I hear you, you hear me. It's got voice tags, no need to touch anything to link with the phone and is simple to use, but it has no screen.

It cost £50 and sits out of sight clipped to the headrail, over the window just above my head. I leave it in the car all the time (except when charging it)

·
Registered
6 Posts
pbarlow003 said:
Voice tags thing works well!! All you do is select Voice Commands from the menu, and then select a name/number from the numbers stored on it, then you say the person's name when it tells you too.

Once you've done that, whenever you want to call them, just press the green phone button and say the person's name/voice tag and it dials it, saves you having to scroll through your phonebook while driving :p
Cool - will try playing with that tomorrow :oops:

·
Registered
296 Posts
Looks good, thanks.

How did you get the unit sitting up, do you have a photo of the bracket? Its a great idea, the problem with the TT istheres nowhere on the dash to mount it flat. Anywhere near the instrument /speed panel is hidden by the steering wheel and indicators.

CHeers
S

1 - 13 of 13 Posts