Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Makes like a farting sound and is very noisy. Turned the bass down to minimise the farting sound but i know it's still there :( could be a blown speaker or even something as simple as a dodgy connection or damaged wire. Are the speakers easy to get to? are the tt speakers expensive? or am i better of going for some Alpine/Kenwood component speakers to go in there?

what size are the front ones? (closest to the front)

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Details of speakers and component location are all in the KB.
If its under warranty you could take it to Audi for checking

IF you have to pay for the amp, then IMO dont go BOSE - go after market, lots of posts on the subject.

·
Registered
673 Posts
had the same issue earlier this year, passenger door speaker had gone in my case.. had to replace it.

·
Registered
3,510 Posts
Basscube said:
or even something as simple as a dodgy connection or damaged wire
I doubt very much it to be the above but more so a blown speaker.

You can quickly confirm this by playing something and flicking the Balance control left to the right and compare.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
avyi said:
had the same issue earlier this year, passenger door speaker had gone in my case.. had to replace it.
How much was a new speaker?

I doubt very much it to be the above but more so a blown speaker.

You can quickly confirm this by playing something and flicking the Balance control left to the right and compare.
Yes like i say i am 99% sure it's a blown speaker just wanted to consider alternative options. Am i better of replacing that side with a pair of oem speakers? or replace for a pair of upgrade ones?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Basscube said:
avyi said:
Just checked my invoice from audi. Description of Goods: U8J0 035 412 A / SPEAKER Unit Price: £23.11 (before vat)

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
avyi said:
Basscube said:
avyi said:
Just checked my invoice from audi. Description of Goods: U8J0 035 412 A / SPEAKER Unit Price: £23.11 (before vat)
That seems a fair price. Are they easy to fit? notice the grill cover thing comes off? Can you take speaker out with just that removed or do you need to take whole door card out? :?

·
Registered
673 Posts
Basscube said:
That seems a fair price. Are they easy to fit? notice the grill cover thing comes off? Can you take speaker out with just that removed or do you need to take whole door card out? :?
To be honest, I have no idea as they changed it for me. They removed the door card to check the problem, it was the speaker, they changed it and put the door card back in place. Therefore, I'm assuming the door card needs to come off to remove the speaker.

·
Registered
2,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
avyi said:
Basscube said:
To be honest, I have no idea as they changed it for me. They removed the door card to check the problem, it was the speaker, they changed it and put the door card back in place. Therefore, I'm assuming the door card needs to come off to remove the speaker.
ok thanks bro.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Had the same with my car and turned out to be a blown speaker on the passenger side. Seems to be a common complaint. Managed to get it done under warranty by a non-Audi garage even though they don't cover audio equipment.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.