Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 54 plate 180 roadster and on occasions when the passenger window has been lowered it wont go completely up again it either stops short of the top or goes to top then drops back down, i then have to move it cautiously to the top bit by bit. then on occasions after this it stops working altogether, for a short while, then today it did it again after the roof had been dropped and had to coaxed to the top. can anyone help. [smiley=bigcry.gif]

Thanks Magik

·
Super Moderator
24,444 Posts
Welcome to the forum :p

Try a window reset

ignition on
windows all the way down
windows all the way up, let go of switches
push them up again and hold for 3-5 seconds
ignition off

·
Registered
84,370 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi

Resetting of windows has not solved problem it just stops the passenger window from working on auto i.e. you have to hold the window switch until window reaches top or bottom rather than a single flick of the switch and the window going up or down. Also window does not drop slightly when door opened. plus when roof is down and then put back up passenger window goes up and then goes back to half open position, its as if something is trapped in the window so it opens again but i have cleaned all the runners and nothing is stopping the window. but there is no consistency to any of this.

Help

Oh yes and the Emission control light has just come on, so i suppose the car will have to go in to garage anyway for diagnostic.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
Welcome along to TTF.

I would try and post in the MK1 section as it may yeild a better result.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.