Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a quick question - if I've sold something on ebay and the buyer has sent me an instant payment via payal should I wait for it to clear in my bank account after I've transferred it over or is it fine to let the buyer collect now? It's my first sale! :p

·
Registered
402 Posts
depends whether his postal address is 'confirmed', if not then you're not covered by any paypal protection regardless of whether you've transferred the money or not..

·
Registered
6,225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah the guy's address is confirmed on paypal and he wanted to collect it tonight. My bank transfer is obviously pending and probably won't officially clear now until Tuesday.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
If the money has been sent to your paypal, it has cleared! Once its in your paypal, its your money. You dont need to transfer it to your bank to verify it :wink:

·
Registered
922 Posts
Also sending the money to your bank Account takes about 4-5 days to actually show in your account! So if you sent it yesterday (last working day before Easter!) It may not show until a week on Monday at the earliest! :) hth.

·
Registered
124 Posts
also be careful to check via your own paypal account the money is there , some folk send fake paypal recieved emails for high value goods that if you log in via these dake emails you give away your payapl information, then they collect the goods with no monies being tranfered

·
Registered
456 Posts
Once in your account he can still claim it back 3 months later and PayPal will debit your account.

Trust me on this I am very experienced with PayPal and eBay and the Italian T#@T that did this to me. One of many over 5 years. I don't use it anymore as I'm onto different means :roll:

Scotty.

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
also make sure it isn't an e-cheque via paypal as these take ageeeessss to clear also.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Scotty225 said:
Once in your account he can still claim it back 3 months later and PayPal will debit your account.

Scotty.
What if you keep little or no funds in your Payal account,
and/or link your Paypal account to a dedicated bank account in which you also keep a VERY small balance?

·
Registered
456 Posts
If you have little or no funds they will refund the money to the buyer and take it from your PayPal account leaving a negative balance.

PayPal sent debt collectors to our house for the money £240. Plenty of buyer protection but nothing for sellers.

Here is a link you may find useful: http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Well worth a read.

The majority of buyers in my experience (99.9%) are fine. it's the odd c#@t that spoils it.

Scotty.

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
I'm in the same boat at Scotty225 here. Won't use Paypal to recieve money ever again (although it's fine to send it ;) ) after a buyer used a stolen credit card. There is no way I could have known and I waited until the payment had transferred from my Paypal account into my bank account before sending the item. 30 days later Paypal get in touch to say the buyer used a stolen credit card and then made my Paypal balance -ve by a few hundred quid. Needless to say they never got their money back from me and I no longer use their services to receive payments.

[As a buyer all you need to do to get your money back is say that nothing ever arrived from the seller. If you say something arrives but it wasn't working/correct then they just say "stuff you - you got something for your money".]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.