Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am about to buy a personalised number plate which is on retention (deal agreed). I don't know much about these things so some advice would be appreciated. The seller is also willing to pay the £25 DVLA fee and I understand hes already paid the £80 assignment fee. What do I need to know and is there anything I need to be aware of plus any advice you may have is welcome. Cheers.

·
Registered
336 Posts
IIRC the £80 assignment fee puts the plate on retention then the £25 DVLA fee signs the plate over to you. Meaning you should be good to go with no more costs.
I could be wrong as its a while since I last transferred a plate but im sure someone will confirm :)

·
Super Moderator
24,444 Posts
Yea nothing for you to do if seller pays the nominee fee, then you just take/post the retention certificate to DVLA with your V5, MOT and tax disc

So what are you getting?

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
T3RBO said:
Yea nothing for you to do if seller pays the nominee fee, then you just take/post the retention certificate to DVLA with your V5, MOT and tax disc

So what are you getting?

Not saying till I have it confirmed just yet :wink: I will as and when however.

Thanks for all the replies guys much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.