Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys noticed the other day when I flipped my petrol cap to put some fuel in I noticed there was some water around the cap. Just wondered if anyones had this problem, it's not causing a prob but i want to sort it. Think it's prob drainage hole blocked?

Steve

·
Registered
251 Posts
Yeah its a blocked drain pipe wich you can see of you have a dig about. I'd get it sorted out asap by getting an air line to it and blowing it clean.

I was in the same situation a few months ago and didn't have the problem rectified. Over time, water leaked into the fuel tank via the filler cap and one night my car wouldn't start due to there being so much water in the fuel. I had to pay for the fuel tank to be drained, a new fuel filter and all of my fuel lines to be cleaned out.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This ive sorted it this morning , cleaned it all out and then tipped a bit of water in and it drained away :) Thanks for the help.

Steve

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.