Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
I really respect individualism and people personalising their TTmk1's, but this i don't understand? Why would you want to make a classic mk1 artistic design masterpiece look like a mk3 a6 3litre tdi from the front? :? Its a free world and praise the lord we are all different. :wink: Does it have any physical bonuses like better airflow?

Damien.

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
Respect Steve and amen to freedom of expression. [smiley=guitarist.gif] Ah ok well if more flow is prevalent.....i get it. God knows your beast needs airflow Steve... :)

Still fink its pig ugly though

Damien.

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
You can't improve airflow on a mk1.
I have a bigger engine rad, additional charge cooler rad, additional oil rad in the O/S scoop and will be fitting an additional DSG oil rad in the N/S scoop.
Function is the primary function but if it looks good as well, then that's a bonus.
The big grille offers 20% more air flow over the smaller mk2 grille and 35% over the mk1 V6 bumper.
Steve

·
Registered
13,492 Posts
V6RUL said:
I have a bigger engine rad, additional charge cooler rad, additional oil rad in the O/S scoop and will be fitting an additional DSG oil rad in the N/S scoop.
Function is the primary function but if it looks good as well, then that's a bonus.
The big grille offers 20% more air flow over the smaller mk2 grille and 35% over the mk1 V6 bumper.
Steve
[smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Damien.

·
Registered
4,988 Posts
TTSPORT666 said:
Respect Steve and amen to freedom of expression. [smiley=guitarist.gif] Ah ok well if more flow is prevalent.....i get it. God knows your beast needs airflow Steve... :)

Still fink its pig ugly though

Damien.
Last time my car was tuned it was being restricted on the cold air side and it was being choked of air at around 5500rpm hence the huge intercooler you can see through grill and increased sized pipework.
Every little helps.

Each to their own!

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
V6RUL said:
Steve
Still looks turd to me though :|

·
Registered
31,647 Posts
Garth said:
V6RUL said:
Steve
Still looks turd to me though :|
Yep butt ugly

·
Premium Member
27,106 Posts
jamman said:
V6RUL said:
One day soon all the stuff behind the grille will be put to the test..
Steve
Just make sure you check your spark plugs and oil this time :wink: :lol: :lol:
Don't you mean leave the EBC alone..
Steve

1 - 15 of 15 Posts