Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here she is,picked up this morning and now done 170 miles!
To say its different from the TT is a slight understatement....weighs almost exactly half for a start :lol:

Now just got to run it in for 1000 miles... :(

Will post a full review when i stop driving :p

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Almost identical to my friends at work. He absolutel loves it. Still waiting for a spin in his but he only brings it in once every few weeks when the weather's good (company car is abused most of the other time!).

Looks superb 8)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Looks ace 8)

The weight difference comes as a shock to those who are used to a relatively heavy car like a TT.

I ran one for a year in 2002 and it was a fantastic car. It was a K Series 111S before all the namby pamby electronics / ABS was introduced for the Toyota models :p Still, I don't doubt it's a fantastic car. You'll learn to really drive properly with a Lotus. Enjoy :p

Saying that, that was when I was 25, so have moved towards the comfort that a TT brings as I can only handle the Lotus in small doses. You mentioned weight being very noticeable on the Elise, try moving onto a superbike like I've done which will make the 0-60 times in any Lotus very ordinary indeed. You won't understand what proper power-to-weight is until you've experienced a motorbike. My Suzuki GSX-R1000 has 1000 bhp/ton which will crack 100mph in 5 secs :twisted: My 111S had 206bhp/ton which is pedestrian in comparison!

Anyways, pic of my old pride and joy (I do miss it though :cry: )

·
Registered
795 Posts
syc23 said:
It was a K Series 111S before all the namby pamby electronics / ABS was introduced for the Toyota models :p
the ABS doesn't come in until you're properly into a brown trouser moment on the new models - I drove both an S and R round Hethel in the wet, and it never intervened once. My instructor (Alaistair McQueen) only got it to kick in at the end of the long straight, leaving braking very late in the wet...

besides, I thought the 111s was the 'comfort' model? :wink:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Wicked looking motor :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
TTwiggy said:
syc23 said:
It was a K Series 111S before all the namby pamby electronics / ABS was introduced for the Toyota models :p
the ABS doesn't come in until you're properly into a brown trouser moment on the new models - I drove both an S and R round Hethel in the wet, and it never intervened once. My instructor (Alaistair McQueen) only got it to kick in at the end of the long straight, leaving braking very late in the wet...

besides, I thought the 111s was the 'comfort' model? :wink:
Touche :p

I too did a driver training course with Alistair McQueen - top instructor and would recommend it to any Lotus owner / sports car driver :)

·
Registered
275 Posts
Sorry - haven't been on here for a while - thought you must have it by now !

Looks very nice, nice wheels !

I get mine next week hopefully - see you on the 28th?

TT came yesterday so will get some pics up of that later too

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
535dboy said:

I think its the 27th(Sunday) for the Sussex meet,i'm desperately trying to get it run in before then!
Mind you if i dont we can both dawdle along at the back in the slow group with 'running in' stickers in the back :lol:
See you there :p

·
Registered
275 Posts
paulie1 said:
535dboy said:

I think its the 27th(Sunday) for the Sussex meet,i'm desperately trying to get it run in before then!
Mind you if i dont we can both dawdle along at the back in the slow group with 'running in' stickers in the back :lol:
See you there :p
Fair enough re date - it was a bit of a guess !

Yeah like the running in sticker bit !

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.