Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP i have looked at loads of posts and are looking for advise from enthusasts. The thing is i think i have damaged my missus tt 225 2001 which i used in a aggressive mannor and the red oil light came on and i thought it was top up oil. by the time i got to the petrol station the car sounded tappetty so i checked oil but it looked over filled! waited for 10 mins for it to settle down checked again and it was higher than it should be? so i turned it over again and it sounded still tappety so i limped it home about 500 yards from petrol station!

Could it be seroius and im having to give her my audi convertible for now and she kurbs wheels and mine have just been refurbed!!! I dont want to put it into audi i have a mate that will look at it but not for a week.. my wheels!!

From what i have read on here it looks like oil pump but wondering if it could be worse

Any Ideas cheers dave

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,560 Posts
Hi Dave, You should never had restarted her with low oil pressure alarm on.
Requires sump dropping & sump strainer checked for blockage & may be oil pump replacing.
Hopefully not too much damage ,but don't start engine again, until oil pressure sorted.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hoggy said:
Hi Dave, You should never had restarted her with low oil pressure alarm on.
Requires sump dropping & sump strainer checked for blockage & may be oil pump replacing.
Hopefully not too much damage ,but don't start engine again, until oil pressure sorted.
thanks for the reply and hi do you think i have done damage and is the oil pressure light a flashing red light in the middle of the screen

Cheers

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,560 Posts
Hi Dave, Red flashing oil can with 3 warning chimes. If it sounds O.K. once oil pressure restored, long term you will still have reduced the life of the engine, but depends how long you keep her.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.