Audi TT Forum banner

Please help

746 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  davebowk 
#1 ·
My wife bought me a 2001 TT 225 convertible for my birthday as she knew I regretted selling my old TT many years ago. Anyway the new car … it had a couple of niggles when she bought it. Battery kept going flat whine on alternator and yellow battery symbol on dash along with the fuse wording on mileage display but she knew that I would be ok sorting the faults , changed battery car started fine but still orange battery warning along with fuse displayed , checked voltage from alternator was only 13.6 max so swapped out alternator and adjuster and now producing 14.2-14.6 , reset the ecu with terminals disconnected touch for 10 seconds leave for 10 seconds then reconnect, no warning on dash . After a couple of mins yellow battery and fuse displayed along with eml and yellow triangle, fired up VCDS scanned , won’t read , tried Delphi still won’t read , looked deeper and k2 is short to ground , so checked all the fuses and all appears fine there is t a stereo in but harness isn’t butchered, the dash pod is all working fine and wife said it had been repaired in it’s lifetime but when I knocked it it went bright and dim and with tapping on top of dash it seemed something was loose but I’ve had it out and all the connections look fine , have you guys any ideas where to go from here ?

#5 ·
10 hours today and I cleaned every single earth point in engine bay , checked continuity and resistance from every single point and still the error is showing and will not connect via obd pin 4+7 voltage measured and it’s well below the 7v limit , whilst under dash noticed previous owners had a Nokia car system fitted so all removed and taped up , still errors , the head unit only has one iso ( no speaker iso) and the multi plug for the Bose , is this right as my old TT had 2 isos plus the multi plug for Bose , these are probably 2 complete my separate issues but I’m at a loss

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.