Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Other

Votes: 4 18.2%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do i get silver again....or titanium (anthrecite really)

this is my old wheels done titanium and the porsche ones were another set i had before done silver. so its between these 2, i think im set for titanium but want others opinions too. remember my car is silver....i will included my photoshop to give an idea.

to me silver keeps the oem look, but titanium is different.

Current wheels

titanium

silver

photoshop with my mates (darker anthracite wheels) shouldnt be as dark as this

opinions much appreciated

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,360 Posts
Hi, Like this, best of both worlds.. Diamond cut & titanium..

Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Hoggy said:

Yum yum! That combination is stunning :eek:

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
its a toughy, i was in the same situation... i had the same as yours are at the moment. thought about anthrecite, but when i see it on a real clean shiny silver car driving past it kinda looks like there just covered in brake dust. i done mine black (tad boring but it works). but i would like a set of bbm rs's. id go for a different wheel if the pocket can affford em :lol:

Hoggy they are real nice man :eek: , not just a standard refurb though right?

·
Registered
83,933 Posts
Hoggy said:

The only problem with diamond cut wheels is the salt will soon get at the wheels even if they have been lacquered

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
thought that was diamond cut. lovely lovely look...

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,360 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
The only problem with diamond cut wheels is the salt will soon get at the wheels even if they have been lacquered
Hi, Salt hasn't affected by 5 year old diamond cut/titanium VXR wheels, The Vaux lacquer is really thick tho.

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Iv always been a fan of the anthracite wheels. That's what I'm going for on mine when I eventually get them refurbished. It will break the silver up on the car nicely, and if you keep it a bright grey (you can get it shiny haha!) they don't look Dirty at all and it actually helps hide the break dust build up!
Jack

·
Registered
2,095 Posts

love these on a silver tt, spacers, low, clean tyres mmmmmmmm 8) 8) 8) 8)

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Charlesuk said:

love these on a silver tt, spacers, low, clean tyres mmmmmmmm 8) 8) 8) 8)
I have to agree, they are lovely! Set of 8j on the front and 9j or 9.5j on the rear with the correct spacing! Looks awesome! Would need to be 18" at least though...don't know of 17" would look a bit lost in the TT arches!
Jack

1 - 14 of 14 Posts