Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Funny that...I had the pleasure of "borrowing" the fleet 9114S (997) only last weekend (as I had just sold my Rangey and was "carless").

The "S-tronic" box on that was...to be polite (an clean for admin sake) a pile of poo!...

seriously it was really basic, it has no interatction with the gearstick at all...which in effect becomes a switch for Drive-Neutral-reverse (you cant select a drive gear at all)...it has no paddles, just little button's on the steering wheel that look like the volume controls on any other car and are constantly being nudged by accident.

It had no finess when switching gears, no blip of the throttle or double de-clutching on the down shift...just a really basic box of up-down cogs.

Went like a rocket and sounded fantastic...but the gearbox is just kind of on...or off...

Perhaps I had a basic spec (which seems unlikley as it was my one of my Boss's motors and generally, he dosent compromise on car spec's...ever..)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh Crap...sorry guys, I'm still,learning this forum stuff...this thread was supposed to be a reply to the DSG-Stronic thread and the mention of Prosche not stealing the technology.

somehow I hit the "new thread" button...not the reply.

apologies

John

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.