Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
which would you choose and why?

ive ha my eye on an rs4 for a while, but there is also a 335bhp porsche cayman s thats taken my eye, anyone had any experience with either of these cars?

·
Registered
653 Posts
Mate those cars are worlds apart!!

It all depends on your lifestyle and current situation.

If you're a late 30's, married with kids kinda guy who still likes to boot it a bit, then go for the RS4.

If you're in finance, a lower league football player for a middle-aged man having a mid-life crisis, then get the Caymen.

I'd personally have either car! :lol:

·
Registered
3,891 Posts
Thats a tough one. What shape rs4 are you looking at? I like the Cayman S but for the price of them I would buy a 993. I would more than likely take the rs4 avant all day though

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ha ha yes i usually dont like the cayman, but this one is pretty nice, black, been lowered on c4s wheels, whith a few engine mods from a 991 cup car, its tempting me.

and im 21, not in finance, and i dont play for Norwich lol

but then the rs4 is such a brute, looking at the new shape one, 420bhp v8

·
Registered
928 Posts
21 and looking at those cars - fair play! I'd test drive them both and go for the one that gives you the bigger grin.

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
i dont really see a comparison,, if you like the cayman, then what are you even considering the horrible big audi plank for !!!

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
i really like the cayman, its what i want to go for next possibly but the rs4 saloon's in blue or red are awesome but i would wait to have one till im older and got kids, be a great allround car :)

·
Registered
354 Posts
What an envious dilema too be in, i've always and still likethe RS4 (especially the Avant) Caymen S never thought about these but a work mate of mine has just bought a black one with 19" wheels and it looks the dogs bo****ks,but when all said and done i would go for an early 997

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY man

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Get the Cayman - it feels so right.

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
I had a Cayman S for a couple of years. It's the most capable car I've driven. I preferred it to the 997 C2S/C4S.

The example you're looking at looks rather pleasing to the eye. But I simply can't understand how you're debating such contrasting cars. A fast, 4WD tank, versus a mid-engined, RWD, 2 seater.

Utterly rank interior though. You're too young for tan leather!!

·
Registered
15,685 Posts
cliff browne said:
Porsche or Audi.....
its not that Audi s are badly built or anything like that,, just that they are so bloody borong !!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
well....can safely say its the best sounding car i have ever heard.....its got a remus race exhaust a remap, and the whole intake plenium etc is off a 911 gt3 cup car.......and i wasnt a fan of the interior at first...but it really sets the car appart....

oh and i bought it :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pick it up next week

·
Registered
2,673 Posts
MTW said:
......and i wasnt a fan of the interior at first...but it really sets the car appart....
Sets it apart from what? A Cayman S with a nice interior?

I'm kidding, good choice. You won't regret it. I'll keep my eyes (and ears!) open for you :)

1 - 20 of 70 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.