Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excuse the random musings, but I woke up early and was very bored!

I decided to have a play around on the Audi configurator, speccing a new TTS. Much to my surprise I found that there were no options that I found myself ticking the box for 'immediately'.

Anybody who has specced a new car will know that feeling of looking at the options list and seeing a 'must have for residual' or 'must have for my own needs' feeling when ticking boxes - but I can honestly say that I could spec a TTS without the need for either. Yes they are lots of ways to tailor your car so it's individual, however if you don't fancy spunking lots of cash on toys, a bog standard TTS in the UK seems to be just about adequate?

Perhaps Audi have reflected this in the strong £35k asking price - but it would seem they may have gone back to their MK1 options strategy in only providing 'nice to haves' on the option list.

Thoughts? :)

p.s. As an aside I noticed that it's £500 for Ibis White on a roadster, but it's free on the Coupe. Surely a mistake?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Hello.
I have only ordered as extra:

TPM - No spare wheel/tyre and couldn't live with a blank button
Park assist - The wife will drive it at some point.
Colour - Ice Silver ( now convinced )

I came to the conclusion the TTS is well specced and pretty good value (for Audi) with new versions of Quattro, ESP and mag ride as well as leather etc..

Paul

·
Banned
4,962 Posts
kmpowell said:
I woke up early and was very bored!

I decided to have a play around on the Audi configurator, speccing a new TTS.
Did you looked out of the window and saw you're Mini standing outside when you where bored?

You should have wait for the TT-S.
Specialy for a R32 owner it was predictable that a Mini wouldn't last long.

:)

·
Registered
506 Posts
Not that I would order a TT-S in a million years as paying £30k+ for any car with a 4 cylinder is not my cup of tea but after adding the bits on the configurator with options I already have on my 3.2 plus RS4 buckets would come out at £38k.

Still the TTS base spec you can probably live with.

·
Registered
368 Posts
kmpowell said:
Excuse the random musings, but I woke up early and was very bored!

I decided to have a play around on the Audi configurator, speccing a new TTS. Much to my surprise I found that there were no options that I found myself ticking the box for 'immediately'.

Anybody who has specced a new car will know that feeling of looking at the options list and seeing a 'must have for residual' or 'must have for my own needs' feeling when ticking boxes - but I can honestly say that I could spec a TTS without the need for either. Yes they are lots of ways to tailor your car so it's individual, however if you don't fancy spunking lots of cash on toys, a bog standard TTS in the UK seems to be just about adequate?

Seem to remember Janitor came to the same conclusion . Personally I just got my 3.2 so not interested in the TTS... :)

Perhaps Audi have reflected this in the strong £35k asking price - but it would seem they may have gone back to their MK1 options strategy in only providing 'nice to haves' on the option list.

Thoughts? :)

p.s. As an aside I noticed that it's £500 for Ibis White on a roadster, but it's free on the Coupe. Surely a mistake?

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
i just gave it a try and ended up with the RS4 seats, the fold in mirrors, the adaptive light and 19" wheels. that's totaling ~4600 euros. not sure which of those options are part of the base package in the uk though. also the remapping goes extra ;)

·
Registered
146 Posts
If only want what you need why on earth buy a TT at all, hardly value for money.

I don't see any point in going for a £30k+ car then not getting it as you want it.

It depends how you look at the TT is it a glorified VW coupe or is it an alternative to a Cayman or a Z4M coupe for example.

I tend to the latter. My last 4 cars have been RS4, Z4M coupe, M3Cs & M3(SMG). Each has great attributes but some comprimises as will the TTS but I see it as offering very good performance useable in pretty much all British weather conditions, comfort (the TTs cabin is a nice place to be) and pretty good economy as well as being different from many of the grey boxes on the road.

I am still seeking the perfect car within my budget we will see how the TTs does - eventually.

·
Registered
12,477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jbtco said:
I don't see any point in going for a £30k+ car then not getting it as you want it.
That's kind of my point! Don't get me wrong, I'm not adversed to spending money on options (I spent £6k on options for the Mini!) however, when speccing the TTS there was nothing (apart from maybe the colour), where I thought "oooh I MUST have that".

:)

·
Registered
229 Posts
Ice Silver as I wanted metallic, but I have spashed out on a USB socket, wow a whole £150 !!! :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.