1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
Looks well what had you covered it with before it was powder coated :?:

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
very nice quality, how much if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
Stub said:
Says £20 at the top of the post :wink: :lol:

·
Registered
5,856 Posts
Stub said:
This is a forum, not a picture book! :wink: £20 it says in the post. :p Bargain. Is that a normal cost for powder coating?

Edit: this post was meant jestfully, not aggressively before all the sensitive ones jump down my throat!

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I got my neighbour to paint it with a can of paint as he said it would be okay but I wasn't so sure!.
The I checked for flaking of the paint as I knew it wouldn't stick so a friend/neighbour sand blasted it for me and then got in powder coated :)
This is what it looked like first!.

Then this

and now the above :)

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes it was £20 fyi and I'm also going to get a few other bits n bobs done soon but need to take a holiday break from work as this is my main form of transport.

Yellow chill out, I think he just missed the price and was admiring the pic :)
Brendan no one has said anything yet :wink:

I don't know what anyone else charges but this is what I paid and £15 for the charge pipe yet to do :)

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
wireless said:
Yes it was £20 fyi and I'm also going to get a few other bits n bobs done soon but need to take a holiday break from work as this is my main form of transport.

Chill out :? Did you not notice the wink and smiley smiley at the end of my post :)

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
wireless said:

Brendan no one has said anything yet :wink:

I don't know what anyone else charges but this is what I paid and £15 for the charge pipe yet to do :)
Very good price and love the finish, Ta for reiterating the price :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
Would love to do mine, makes a massive diff. Like you, she is my daily. whats involved with the removing and refitting.

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
stevebeechTA said:
Would love to do mine, makes a massive diff. Like you, she is my daily. whats involved with the removing and refitting.
Awesome sell them on exchange but they are £90

·
Registered
13,711 Posts
I recognize the 'before' picture; it was on sale on eBay recently, but was too rich for my blood. Ended up getting a mostly-spotless one from eBay.de. At the moment it's in my garage, recovering from 3 thick coats of black VHT wrinkle paint as we speak. It'll get baked tonight. :)

Think I might have coated it a bit thick though... :?

·
Registered
3,356 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
stevebeechTA said:
Awesome sell them on exchange but they are £90
does that include the swapping over, would be good if it does :D :roll:

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
wireless said:

Chill out :? Did you not notice the wink and smiley smiley at the end of my post :)
Of course I did :p

·
Banned
1,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
stevebeechTA said:
Yes Steve, pain in the rear hence I've not even fitted it yet lol

Im planning on getting the spare done once this is fitted so maybe up for grabs soon.

Also note it's not full on perfect and has a few tiny imperfections but that only if you look deep into it and doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Cheers

1 - 20 of 25 Posts