Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys and dolls,,

Since the idea of Painting my comps candy red went out the window ive decided im going to do the charge pipe candy red or metalic red by powder coating it but i need to know is there any part of the pipe that should not be coated. I was thinking the turbo end of the pipe??? :roll: Agree or not?

Monkey!!! :p

·
Registered
84,386 Posts
Had mine powder coated black crackle just dont do the bits that the hoses clamp to

·
Registered
84,386 Posts

·
Registered
10,044 Posts
My charge pipe has started to ripple slightly on the outer side of the main 90 deg bend. I assume the hot air from the turbo is coming in the pipe and then hitting that area of the inside before being pushed around the bend and out the other end.

So powder coating is ok, but it seem to be the lower limit of the heat resistance needed. The inlet maifold on the other hand has got no sign of rippling so can't be getting as hot at all.

·
Premium Member
14,448 Posts
I painted both my charge pipe and inlet manifold without removing them quite a few months ago and they still look like new. I did a write up on here and an article for the mag absolutte Issue 21Autumn 2009page 25 comp with pic's. The finish is so good that people think I have had them powder coated. :)

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
les said:
I painted both my charge pipe and inlet manifold without removing them quite a few months ago and they still look like new. I did a write up on here and an article for the mag absolutte Issue 21Autumn 2009page 25 comp with pic's. The finish is so good that people think I have had them powder coated. :)
Recently painted mine too.

Removed the chargepipe for painting though.

·
Registered
161 Posts
XTR said:
Recently painted mine too.

Removed the chargepipe for painting though.

How easy is it to remove the intake and charge pipes? Is there a how to? Quite fancy painting mine. What paint and primer did you use. Mine are looking a little shabby now
Cheers. Carl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.