Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get my rocker cover powercoated, Any recommendations of guys on here that do it etc?

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
Powder coating the rocker cover will be fine as long as you don't go for the crackle finish as the heat affects the crackle finish for some reason

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
Powder coating the rocker cover will be fine as long as you don't go for the crackle finish as the heat affects the crackle finish for some reason
not quite right andy tbh, its all in the preporation of the part to be coated and the fact that it is coated at the right temperature and timescale bud. undercure and it can cause plitting away from the primer..............over cure and it can sag. if you are local to gloucestershire then either pop in or fire away on what you want bud.
(just seen you are swansea) ignore me..........its early

·
Registered
83,928 Posts
Gazzer said:
YELLOW_TT said:
not quite right andy tbh, its all in the preporation of the part to be coated and the fact that it is coated at the right temperature and timescale bud. undercure and it can cause plitting away from the primer..............over cure and it can sag. if you are local to gloucestershire then either pop in or fire away on what you want bud.
(just seen you are swansea) ignore me..........its early
Swansea :? I am in Hartlepool still no where near Gloucershire :lol: but thanks anyway

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Swansea :? I am in Hartlepool still no where near Gloucershire :lol: but thanks anyway
[/quote]

Your not wrong Gaz, it was early, an easy mistake to make though, well, it is for you :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Premium Member
6,342 Posts
Gazzer said:
god almighty give me strenght................the op comes from swansea, i was only responding to andy's incorrect post lmao
:lol: :lol: :lol: Blood pressure Gaz, blood pressure................ :lol: [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi mate, I will pay for courier to you and back. It will be a replacement part so wont be coming straight off the car. Looking to get it done black/grey. Can the Inlet manifold be done too?

·
Registered
19,084 Posts
JamesMorris said:
Hi mate, I will pay for courier to you and back. It will be a replacement part so wont be coming straight off the car. Looking to get it done black/grey. Can the Inlet manifold be done too?
code for the colour bud Ral or Bs and forgive me i think i have done these but as i do so many damm parts post a pick of the inlet
:oops: easiest route pm me or e-mail direct [email protected]

1 - 12 of 12 Posts