Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
someone else drove my TT yesterday - only down the road to the valetting company, but since it came back the steering seems heavy?? am I imagining this? Checked all the tyres and all pressures are fine.

Ideas please?

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Hmmm... the first and most obvious one is to check the steering fluid level.
If thats ok, check the drive belt to the steering pump. I think its a separate belt to the alternator drive but check anyway.

If all check out good then id get a scan and see if theres any faults in there, the steering is electronically controlled so there may be a sensor fault.... possibly.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,372 Posts
Hi, The power steering is purely mechanical & is driven by same belt as the alternator.
Check power steering fluid level first, but is it noisy if you put steering on full lock, engine running.
Hoggy. :D

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,372 Posts
staners1 said:
Hoggy said:
Hi, The power steering is purely mechanical & is driven by same belt as the alternator.
Check power steering fluid level first, but is it noisy if you put steering on full lock, engine running.
and if it is hoggy?
Hi Marc, Low on Fluid or pump on its way out.

·
Registered
7,425 Posts
Hark said:
Check fluid. As soon as it gets low, it's heavy and sounds awful.

I paid for a bloody belt change before I realised the fluid was low.
:lol:

Really. I think I should take that VX off your hands! Never take your car to whoever did the change without looking at level first again!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts