Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
16,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks
i don't venture into the MK2 section very often :roll:

Here it is , i have been given first option on a MK2 3.2 at a very good price 8) , long story , company car to be sold off . It's an 07 in very good condition with low miles and a Manual box which i think i would prefer .

I have done a bit of a search and found things like the sagging seats etc .

Being a bit of a modder :roll: i would look to lower it a bit possibly on coilovers and perhaps a few other bits but not to the extremes i have done on my MK1 .

any essential mods ?

I am assuming it's in the higher tax band but i can't see any other drawbacks to owning one ?

Any advice would be great :)

Mark

·
Registered
11,940 Posts
Mark,
I love it, the sound is sooo addictive so wont be disappointed and the MK II was designed around this engine

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
'Sagging seats' isn't just on the 3.2 - it's all Mk2s.

However, worth mentioning that there's nothing wrong with the seats when you sit on them, it's just a cosmetic visual thing with the leather creasing up.

·
Registered
16,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looking good so far , i was sort of hoping you would warn me off it and tell me to stick with my MK1 :roll:

getting more tempting :D

can anyone confirm it will be in the higher tax banding :?

Mark

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
wallsendmag said:
conlechi said:
can anyone confirm it will be in the higher tax banding :?
S-Tronic or manual ?
Coupe or Roadster?

Both manual and s-tronic TTR are in Band G (top band) as is the manual coupe. S-tronic coupe is in the band below by 1gm/km!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Looking at the original post, it appears the car is a manual which falls into the higher tax band. Mr Darling will take £425 from your wallet for a year's driving pleasure.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Well, for me only Pro's... I have an MK2 roadster V6, and i've driven a 2.0 TFSI coupé for a month. I would never ever change my V6 for the 2.0. Quattro is a HUUUGE +, and the sound of the V6 as well. On the 2.0 the wheels are spinning all the time, it's really really a different league than the V6 Quattro. Get the V6, it far far more superior than the 2.0, even though it will consume a bit more fuel.

As for the tax, it's indeed more than the 2.0, but for a year it's not even 15£/month more. Nothing really... really worth it to have a nice smile on your face each time you turn the key :mrgreen:

·
Registered
16,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yep , not worried about the tax , well not much :roll: , fuel not an issue , my Mk1 does around 20mpg with the mods on it and its not my main drive

Definitely want Quattro , i had a A4 190bhp FWD a few years back and the front wheel spin was a pain .

Its coupe and a manual gearbox which i prefer

can i assume that the DSG problems on the MK1 have been sorted now with the S-tronic ?

Mark

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I've had 3.2 Mk1 and Mk2, both with DSG/s-tronic and haven't had any issues with either...

·
Registered
472 Posts
LOVE mine!! no understatement GET IT! :lol:

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
andya said:
I've had 3.2 Mk1 and Mk2, both with DSG/s-tronic and haven't had any issues with either...
Same here, but I had a manual MKl and STronic MKll, personally I'd go for an STronic it's a much much better set up for the V6.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Personally, if I was in your shoes, I would stick with your Mk1, especially if you have gone to the effort of personalising it.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Sorry if I have missed this point but have you taken it out for a test drive yet?

Reason I ask is that there will be a huge difference in the way in which the engine delivers its power and the feel of it compared to yours (i.e. naturally aspirated vs highly tuned turbo).

I always remember thinking, when I drove the 3.2, that when I expected it to start getting exciting around 3.5-4k rpm it just pulled the same all the way round. Having come from a turbo car when you get that insane shove from that point up to the redline it "feels" less quick.

Now before the 3.2 vs 2.0tfsi lovers and haters start flaming I'm not saying that is a good or bad thing, just different. For someone such as youself coming from a (nigh on 300bhp looking at your mods?) it may be a bit of a let down compared to what you are used to.

·
Registered
26,074 Posts
I loved my MkI but haven't regretted getting the MkII for a second. In fact it's here long term as it does exactly what it says on the tin and I'm in no hurry to go to a 4 Cyl turbo after the V6.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Go V6! Strap a nice, freer flowing quad on the back and enjoy the roar when you give it a kick. I've had mine two years now and still modifying it. Looks like Cargraphic 9" X 19" three piece wheels are going to be next :p

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.