Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here’s an RFID blocker I bought recently to keep the key in, really well put together and does a great job of blocking the keyless signal. Seems much better quality than the numerous pouches, although it should be as it costs a bit more

·
Registered
392 Posts
There are less expensive options that work. How many people actually use the convenience key if they have it, I deactivate when I lock my car?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There are less expensive options that work. How many people actually use the convenience key if they have it, I deactivate when I lock my car?
Looking at reviews most of the pouch type blockers fail quite quickly so for the relatively small expense this seems a better option than most. To be honest I think most people are still oblivious to the risks and probably don't bother with anything....I deactivate mine too so the blocker is just piece of mind in case I forget!

I started driving in the 1980s when extra car security was a must have on any decent car so I tend to be cautious with these things, OBD port is blocked too 🙂

·
Registered
31 Posts
My current RFID seems to be a ‘hit and miss’.
there are occasions when it in the pouch and will still let me open the car, meaning the signal must be ‘leaking’ out. I will have to look into your recommended RFID.

·
Registered
18,774 Posts
I will definitely look into this as I also had issues recently where the pouch seems to work sometimes, I ordered a new pouch however this looks to be a more robust option

·
Registered
2016 TTS
4 Posts
MONOJOY Faraday Box for Car Keys, Large Car Key Signal Blocker Box, Keyless Car Key Signal Blocker Box, Leather Anti-Theft Faraday Cage,Car Key Storage Box,Safe Security for Remote Smart Keys (Large) https://amzn.eu/d/ePEOIHv

I use this from Amazon; tried and tested in the car - box open/closed etc. £18 is a cheap price to pay to add protection to your loved car. I also have a wheel lock for when I’m away from my TTS for too long

·
Registered
2016 TTS
4 Posts
Defender RFID Signal Blocking Pouch - Phone Case Signal Blocking Device - Car Key Signal Blocker Pouch Security Case - Signal Blocking Wallet for Car Keys Mobile Phone Cards (2 x Pack, Red) https://amzn.eu/d/h0MA1tf

I use this while I’m not at home…..cheap as chips and not too unwieldy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts