Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Ive recently upgraded the rear TT and quattro badges on my car to the facelift versions (chrome look as opposed to the old style brushed look).

The front quattro grill badge however Im not sure how to tackle. Is the existing badge simply stuck with adhesive to the plate thats connected to the grill? Could I just prise this off the backing plate and stick the facelift badge in its place?

Thanks for any advice 8)

·
Registered
224 Posts
Snake TT said:
Hi All,

Ive recently upgraded the rear TT and quattro badges on my car to the facelift versions (chrome look as opposed to the old style brushed look).

The front quattro grill badge however Im not sure how to tackle. Is the existing badge simply stuck with adhesive to the plate thats connected to the grill? Could I just prise this off the backing plate and stick the facelift badge in its place?

Thanks for any advice 8)
The front badge is held on with two clips IIRC, you may need to undo the top of the grill / bumper and ease it forward to get at them or you may get away with using a long flat blade to pull the clips off.

Fitting the new one may be a bugger without taking the grill out..

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah but what I really want to know is if the quattro badge is stuck to the backing plate?

Reason I ask is that Id like to be able to swap the badges and not have to fiddle with the existing backing plate thats there already.

If I could simply take the old badge of that and put the new badge on it, that would be ideal.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think its a one piece item, could be wrong..try looking in the for sale section for pics of one may give you a better idea if no one gives you an answer..sorry not much help :?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
jay77 is right, I'm afraid .. it's one piece. I know what you're saying though - be great if it was simply stuck onto a standard backing .. :?

·
Registered
84,230 Posts
The badge is stuck on to the plastic mount and can be split and changed just get one the same as the one you fitted to the rear

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
The badge is stuck on to the plastic mount and can be split and changed just get one the same as the one you fitted to the rear
Ah good. I presume its more glued on though, rather than the quattro badge having a sticky backing?

·
Premium Member
14,444 Posts
YELLOW_TT said:
Yep Andy. I removed mine from the holder when I fitted my 2 bar ABT front grill and stuck it on it with silicone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.