Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
Audi TT bam 265bhp
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Any recommendations for rear shock absorbers for my Quattro please.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
Audi TT bam 265bhp
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Where do you get these from please?.

·
Registered
Audi TT bam 265bhp
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
Audi TT bam 265bhp
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
Audi TT bam 265bhp
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
Audi TT bam 265bhp
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The KYB are better shock than the monroe but the monroe are cheaper and will be fine.
I just don’t like the colour silver shocks 😂

• Haha
Reactions: davebowk

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
I can't believe my original shocks are still fine. The top covers have completely rotted away but Mot tester today said they work perfectly, don't leak and all the bushings are sound.
Not bad for 98k and 23 years 😄

·
Registered
Audi TT bam 265bhp
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I can't believe my original shocks are still fine. The top covers have completely rotted away but Mot tester today said they work perfectly, don't leak and all the bushings are sound.
Not bad for 98k and 23 years 😄
Now try 173000 miles 😂
Three years ago bought this car and it had cheap coilovers on it and replaced them for a rear pair of stance shocks that have definitely failed in under the time I’ve fitted them as the cars sitting flat dead on the rear again. left the front coils on as a temp measure although have brand new complete set of front oem with bearings mounts top hat to replace the coils. Fought and raised the front coils last year and now finally fed up so I’m replacing the lot with fresh shocks and those ECP 40mm lowering springs.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
Three years is really bad. Always thought about lowering mine slightly but she still corners like she's on rails so keep putting it off.
Can always think of better things to spend my money on like beer 🍺 😄

·
Registered
Audi TT bam 265bhp
7,438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No I meant I purchased my TT with the cheap coils on three years ago. My Renault 5 gtturbo rides on spax gas adjustables and love the way it glides over the speed bumbs 😂
My first TT was fitted with new Oem front shocks and monroe rears what the service history told me and yellow lowering springs guessing 40mm amax ECP ones and it handled like a go cart zipping round tight bends 😆 although that had some adjustable tie bar fitted to the lower rear so that must have helped with cornering?.
I think these tt’s look weird on standard height but that me personally. 😆

Reactions: Stustt

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
Shed has Bilstein B8s on the rear with OEM front shocks and OEM springs all round and I couldn’t be happier - the stiffer back end helps control roll in turns and the slightly softer front shocks help with cornering grip.

I’m sure if I was a better/more-aggressive driver I’d be able to test the theory that the softer front combined with the stiffer rear reduces understeer in extreme cornering, but I’m trying not to put Shed in a ditch upside-down before her 150,000th birthday…

/Al

1 - 20 of 28 Posts