Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, I just had a few things updated on the car (TTs mk3 2015) by a very clever fellow called Simon @ Yorkshire/South wales VAG diagnostics - Home | Facebook maps updated to the latest with the ability to install future updates myself:(. I had the passenger door mirror dip when in reverse, and I had carplay/android auto-installed..

looking through the forums I notice that you can use the free map updates from the VW site, so for future updates that I may need I can download them from here Volkswagen Map Updates but how do you choose the correct update as all the vehicles are VW obviously...How does this work when your vehicle is Audi... what am I missing :confused::confused::confused:

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
How does this work when your vehicle is Audi... what am I missing :confused::confused::confused:
Because VAG produce a single navigation update for all their marques, and are "kind" enough to include the FEC/SWaP codes for all marques in a single update.
Presumably this saves the effort of producing and testing individual updates for each marque.

From the content.pkg files in the "VW" update...
Code:
"FSC": "0230002E,09300002,08300002,0730002E,0630002E,0330002E",
0230002E = Audi
09300002 = VW
08300002 = Skoda
0730002E = Seat
0630002E = Porsche
0330002E = Bentley

So the map update for the VW Golf 2017 Discover Pro Navigation system (which shares the same MIB2 platform as the MK3 Audi TT) is valid on all the above makes that are also supplied with MIB2 systems.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't you just love these forums, thanks for the great replys. wouldn't it be great if we had a How to run Great Britain forum, we could probably do a better job then any MP.

·
Registered
184 Posts
don't you just love these forums, thanks for the great replys. wouldn't it be great if we had a How to run Great Britain forum, we could probably do a better job then any MP.
seconded, I had no idea which VW one was correct and the alternative locations of the audi TT ones referenced in a few posts/forums are really flaky to download

·
Registered
TT Roadster, S-line Quattro, Glacier. White. Tech, C&S & Open-Top Packs, Matrix, & a load more!!!
9 Posts
An interesting read, you may well have saved me several hundreds of poundy things here!!….I hve just bought my 7yr old TT & the 1 & only previous owner never updated the maps…still on 2015!!!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I too have a trip to him planned for a couple of weeks - note however that he is no longer in Leeds - further east now...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts