Audi TT Forum banner

Question about Multi-funtion display on DIS

264 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Chip_iTT 
#1 ·
Okay, we all know that the DIS in VAG cars is pretty much the same across the range. My question is, has the TT really got 2 MFDs just like some of the other VAG cars?

The reason I ask is that the Golf Mk IV from 1997 onwards had 2 MFDs (instant MPG, average MPG, average speed, etc.) which you could switch between using the button on the end of the stalk. So what I was wondering is, has the TT got the same basic DIS but with the 2nd MFD disabled?
When you look at the VAGcom description of various bits of the bytes in the instrument cluster they say "Unknown", so could one of those bits enable the 2nd MFD? People may even have tried setting the bits, but unless they then scrolled round the MFD settings they may not have realised what it changed.

Did any later MkI TTs get 2 MFDs as standard? Mine is May 2004 and has only got 1. As I said at the beginning, Golfs definitely had 2 from 1997 onwards. My A4 is 1997 and only has 1.

I would really like the 2nd trip meter, so you could have one for individual journeys and one for tanks of petrol or holidays/road trips. Anybody who has messed with VAGcom extensively have a definitive answer to my question?

Sean.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.