Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My fan is not coming on when Im sat in traffic and it starts to go over 105+ and also when I turn the engine off it doesn't kick in either.....but...when I put my aircon on both fans work and cool the temp back down to the 90 mark so I know both fans work.

Ive had the following changed in the last month or so -

Temp sensor
Thermostat + coolant
C/belt and waterpump
Oil and filter
the problem was there before all these were changed

Hopefully one of you wizzards might be able to help ? :?

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,347 Posts
Hi Stu, Where are you seeing 105+, on CC code 49c ? Fans don't cut-in until 104 ish.
If a true temp, May be fan temp switch 2/3 down on rad, passenger side, or control module beneath battery. Try temp switch first.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
haha good old Hoggy, always there when you need him!

Yep, used the 49c trick and it goes past 105/106, Im a bit scared to let it run too high incase I damage the engine. Ive checked all the fuses and connections ontop of the batt and all seems ok :?

Is the temp switch a common fault on the TT? There seems to be a lot of common faults! 8)

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,347 Posts
Hi Stu, Mine is perfect & I checked mine a few weeks ago out of curiosity & fans cut-in at 105 on liquid, same reading as CC.
You could leave it a little longer 108 perhaps, if fans still dont run, you could check connections on control module, beneath battery or replace temp switch on rad. Removing plug on temp switch & connecting the pins should prove whether its the switch or not, but not easy to get to, as is every thing on "modern" cars.
Hoggy. :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts