Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya,
My TTS tends to roll back when I am on a very slight incline, but the hill assist locks the brakes on if it is a really steep hill.
Dose yours do the same? The reason I ask is that the missus's VW locks on what ever the gradient.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Curious! I don't have hilli assist on the TTS as far as I'm aware anyway, but I've experimented on the steepest hill I could find and if I stop on the incline and engage the handbrake and neutral, then select D and release the handbrake with no revs applied at all there'll hardly any perceptible roll back before the car catches it and starts to creep. Less than an inch backward movement, so pretty much negligible.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Mine has hill hold assist and works whatever the gradient; but it's a manual so not an equal comparison.
Mind you, I didn't spec HHA and it took me almost a year to realise Audi fitted it for free! :)

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
igotone said:
So what visual indication is there that you have HHA? DIS setting perhaps?
None, save the option code on the sticker in the boot and the service book.

I only found it was fitted when wanting to let the car roll backwards down a slight incline. I left it in neutral and took my foot off the brake and the car didn't move immediately. A couple of further tries confirmed HHA fitted.

I guess the only other indication was that all my hill starts were perfect!

·
Registered
31,059 Posts
Not had it on a dsg car but it works the same regardless.
All it does is maintains brake pressure for about 5 seconds - so no, it shouldn't roll back at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.