Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks, long story short I want to get back into a TT after a long break from owning one (previously had a mk1 225) and the chance to buy a nice looking mk2 3.2 dsg has come up, I'm a little concerned about the dreaded chain issues so the seller made a little video of the engine on cold start for me (link below), does this sound ok to any of you with more experience?

Its an 09 with 88k, service history looks ok but is overdue a haldex service.

Cheers guys,

BTW I'm 270 miles from the seller so I can't just pop and have a look, with petrol prices as bad as they are it's going to cost roughly £200 just to get it home lol.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
That’s a bigger gamble. Is it a real bargain?

Reactions: boingti

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
‘The service history’ - stamps in a book or a wodge of receipts?
Have you done the usual online checks for mileage, accidents, etc? Buying at a distance is such a can of worms.

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,889 Posts
Hi, Difficult to say without a scan. Have the engine oil changes been 2 yearly, annually or more frequent?
Frequent oil changes & at 88k miles should be fine.
Hoggy. :)

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
At least check that the mileage at each service tallies with the mileage online for each mot. So easy to stamp a book…

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,889 Posts
Hi, 8 oil changes in 88k miles quite reasonable, but would be nice to have the receipts. As stated MOT history may prove it's been looked after.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Just fyi - I bought mine online - from a DEALER - 250 miles away during the beginning of lockdown. He sent me 56 photos and videos and 73 pages of MOTs, logbook, receipts, ... and I was still nervous. 10 years old, one owner, 35000mi £8k. I paid 10% and he drove it to me and we did the deal on my front garden, by bank transfer. He drove away my Mk1 225hp quattro in px. No regrets - except I bust the antenna this weekend!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just fyi - I bought mine online - from a DEALER - 250 miles away during the beginning of lockdown. He sent me 56 photos and videos and 73 pages of MOTs, logbook, receipts, ... and I was still nervous. 10 years old, one owner, 35000mi £8k. I paid 10% and he drove it to me and we did the deal on my front garden, by bank transfer. He drove away my Mk1 225hp quattro in px. No regrets - except I bust the antenna this weekend!
Sounds like you had a good experience and deal there mate, the price of second hand cars has just gone insane, I've lived without a car for the last 6 months trying to find "the one" but I'm just getting sick of not having one now lol.

·
Administrator
96,889 Posts
Only thing ever picked up on the MOT's were tyres and brakes needing to be changed so nothing out of the ordinary :)
Hi, Were these fails or advisories?
Hoggy.:)

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
Sounds like you had a good experience and deal there mate, the price of second hand cars has just gone insane, I've lived without a car for the last 6 months trying to find "the one" but I'm just getting sick of not having one now lol.
I did. But I had an auto search running on various websites for almost a year waiting the right one to appear.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood

·
Administrator
96,889 Posts
1 fail in 2016 for a cut in the tyre and a fail in 2019 for
  • Nearside Rear Service brake excessively binding (1.2.1 (f))
  • Offside Rear Service brake excessively binding (1.2.1 (f))
Hi, Easily missed iI suppose.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts