Audi TT Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Audi TT Quattro 3.2 Manual Roadster Petrol Blue & Ice Blue Nappa
484 Posts
Pretty much what wsantos said - having money in the bank should you need it is key. You don’t want to end up with a car that you can’t maintain or possibly address any immediate issues. As with all used cars, at some point you have to trust to luck to a degree at the end of the day.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
Cheers guys, I've looked into getting an inspection done but it only passed MOT in Feb so I'm not sure if it's £200 well spent or not, especially as they won't check the chain readings which is the one thing that worries me most.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Chains are a tricky one. I've had the readings done and it's all in spec (0 and -2) with a limit of (+/-8), but I'm still getting a marbles in a can rattle -
. I don't know if you can ever be 100% sure, so depends how worried you want to be over it. I've still no idea if mine is good or not 😂.

·
Premium Member
TTS 2010 8J sprint blue CDL
230 Posts
Sod it, I'm getting it sunday fingers crossed, and it's first trip will be 273 miles home :)
Best way to ensure it all works IMO.

Like others, I was searching during lockdown. Really got into the ins & outs and common things to look out for etc.
Out we popped from lockdown and in Oct '21 I saw the one I'd been looking for. Model & colour and importantly, it was from a trader nearby.
Got to go & test it and due to covid the trader just handed me the keys and pointed me at the nearest "A" road with a dual carriage way and said "it's a great car".
Well all my prep work went out the window once I'd blasted it a few times :love:.
I forgot to check loads of things. Turns out alright in the end, but I got off lucky from some of the stories. You've got to bear in mind, it's a popular car and people rarely join a forum just to say how their new car is running great. They normally join because of issues and Google showed them the way.

Enjoy it but prepare in your mind to fix issues due to age.(y)
The car's age, not yours :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Small update I've booked a "Premium" pre purchase car check from click mechanic for Saturday afternoon, I'm not sure how good or thorough he will be because I won't be there but at least he should find any major issues if there are any, and at least give me a "heads up" on any things that may be just around the corner. I've just had delivery of an ODBEleven as well so if his report seems good I'll make the trip up on Sunday and check the chain readings myself before I hand over any cash. Fingers Crossed folks, I have been without a TT for about 5 years now and I have missed it every day (Mk1 225) so I would just love to be back in one, especially a 3.2 with the sound of that Miltek :)

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well all my prep work went out the window once I'd blasted it a few times :love:.
I forgot to check loads of things. Turns out alright in the end, but I got off lucky from some of the stories. :
Guilty as charged
Pretty much the exact same thing happened to me when I convinced my wife that'd just wanted to check it out. I told her I didn't even know if I'd fit in the car.

The dealer sent me to an A road nearby. It was the first TT I had ever driven. Impecable condition and service history, completely stock at a bargain price. I signed off the deal as soon as the test drive was over.

It's been 2 year now and it's been a very enjoyable ownership. Would I do the same thing again if I were looking for another car? Nope. I loved the TT but I knew virtually nothing about it. Neither did I know about this forum. So, my advice to forum readers is you don't need to bet on luck especially when there are so many detailed guides and advice on here.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
Small update I've booked a "Premium" pre purchase car check from click mechanic for Saturday afternoon, I'm not sure how good or thorough he will be because I won't be there but at least he should find any major issues if there are any, and at least give me a "heads up" on any things that may be just around the corner. I've just had delivery of an ODBEleven as well so if his report seems good I'll make the trip up on Sunday and check the chain readings myself before I hand over any cash. Fingers Crossed folks, I have been without a TT for about 5 years now and I have missed it every day (Mk1 225) so I would just love to be back in one, especially a 3.2 with the sound of that Miltek :)
Good luck. I think you've taken the right course of action. I'd ask for special attention to suspension, chassis and break components as well as trying to find any fluid leaks. It'd be nice if you could post their final report here.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Good luck. I think you've taken the right course of action. I'd ask for special attention to suspension, chassis and break components as well as trying to find any fluid leaks. It'd be nice if you could post their final report here.

I will update with report asap :)

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,880 Posts
Hi, Report quite comprehensive, even if spell check required.
It appears suspension/steering ball joint s will require attention at next MOT at least.
Air leaks not unusual & probably easy fix.
If still interested reduce price to take care of suspension/ball joint issues as it also appears to be affecing alignment.
Turbo charger not fitted ????
Hoggy.:)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
pics from report 1

Attachments

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
96,880 Posts
Hi, Will certainly require attention, this rear corrosion is being reported more frequently.
Hoggy. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
pics 2

Attachments

·
Administrator
96,880 Posts
Cheers Hoggy, I know it's going to need a bit of work but do you think it's going to be very costly? No turbo on the 3.2 :(
Hi, Reduce price by £750.
Apologies, I always think of a TT as a 1.8 T 225.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Hi, Reduce price by £750.
Apologies, I always think of a TT as a 1.8 T 225.
Seller will not reduce price any lower, he was asking for £6995 but has agreed to £6500 so I think I'll "take the punt" :), I'd rather chuck a grand at mods than repairs but there is always next year :)

41 - 60 of 66 Posts