Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to make this thread as I have already made over 5 threads for some quick questions and there are "quick question" threads on almost every page of this forum. It would be easier to post/ask here and not spam the forum with "stupid question", "one question", "quick help needed" threads.

Tl;dr:
Instead of making new threads for only one question, ask here.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
jamman said:
Matey have you thought just how complicated this thread will become multiple replies etc etc
Is that the first question? :p

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Can see its going to take some time getting an answer then. Kind of defeats the point of a quick question when you need a quick answer for some thing .

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh c'mon, this is for questions such as "identify this mysterious part" or "40mm spacers?" or "has my car been lowered?"

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
I get what you're thinking but I think you're trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist :) if you have a question just post a new thread :)

It's not the question that is quick but the answer,.....well hopefully anyway :)

Charlie

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:roll:
So here's the first question, would driver's door from RHD vehicle fit a LHD one? I've been quoted 100-250€ for fixing the driver's mirror. I've removed the door panel and discovered that wire has snapped. Should I buy a new (used) door, which cost approx. the same or should I just pay for fixing the snapped wire?

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
There are 2 wires for moving the window up and down, the wire that moves the window up has snapped and I have no idea how to fix this.

Ps:
I though some people would find this thread useful and there would be less people making new threads when then need just one quick answer...
But now, after reading all the replies, I don't think this is going to work....

edit:
not my pic, but it looks something like this:

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hey, I'm not sure but I think the wire you are talking about is part of the window regulator kit?
The wires connect to the regulators under tension and keep the window square in the door.
I had one snap on my mk4 golf.
Haven't ever done it on a TT but replacing it on the golf was pretty easy and the whole kit was about £80 from VW.
I think getting a new regulator kit would be loads easier than fitting a new door.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.