Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be considered a good price for a pair of R32 roll bars second hand and how much are the roughly new? I would call the stealers, but they're closed!

Thanks, Cookie

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I think they have them on the awesome online shop but you will need to add new bushes to the price the H&R comes with bushes and that's about £310

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Tokes said:
Diveratt said:
cookbot said:
Thinking of changing most of the bushes to poly while I'm at it too!
Think about Defcons too while your at it it will transform the car
Can you elaborate mate?

Cheers.
Front wishbone pivot is sleeved & then smaller bushes fitted. Changes it to the earlier specification. Highly recommended for sharper more precise steering feel.

Sent from paul4281's iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
48 Posts
Mmmm.....interesting.
I thinking about first mods and what I want is a handling improvement and more steering feel

Anyone tried this in combination with other poly sus bushes and rolbar upgrades?

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Tokes said:
Mmmm.....interesting.
I thinking about first mods and what I want is a handling improvement and more steering feel

Anyone tried this in combination with other poly sus bushes and rolbar upgrades?
Yes the handling is really sharp on the road it feels like a different car I'll tell you what it's like on the track after the ADI :p

·
Registered
521 Posts
I'm running the R32 anti roll bars with power flex bushes. Must do mod, car feels totally different. :)
have not done the defcoms, wish I did while I was at it.

Got my roll bars new from TPS for £205 and just shy of £60 for my bushes

·
Premium Member
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm unsure what my car has now as it states this and mines a 2000 APX. Wonder if mine were changed in the recall?

"You know what it's about… The original TT came with the now mythical "MK1" arms. In 2001 the original suspension parts were changed to what are referred to as the "MK2" arms, and have essentially remained the same through the end of the first generation TT's production in 2006. The changes involved in the voluntary recall of early cars and incorporated since include:

1. Rear spoiler added.
2. ESP made standard equipment.
3. The front lower control arm design changed.
4. Sway bar and shock rates modified.

http://www.modshack.info/defcon.htm

1 - 15 of 15 Posts