Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I have read many threads talking about R32 throttle bodies on a bam 225 engine.....

But...

Non of them actually tell you from which R32 you can use ??? Mk4 ? Mk5? TT V6?

They also never mention what, if anything, is required to make it work. Is it simply plug and play ???

Any body have the answers ???

·
Registered
2005 Audi TT 3.2
17 Posts
ECS lists the mk4 r32 and TTV6 as being the same part in their fitment guide.

I used to have a 1.8t and remember people running these on their cars, same with the 2.7TT from the B5 S4 I think. Its not a plug and play affair though if I remember correctly. You need to address the change in outer-diameter on the pre throttle side with larger coupler or tubing, and I think there is an adapter for the transition between the TB outlet and Manifold inlet if you are keeping the the stock 225 inlet manifold. after all of that is sorted, the ECU might need adaptation/tuning to make the most of it, and that's even if the turbo/motor can benefit from the increase in air. Not saying it isnt worthwhile, but the stock k04 might not exceed the limitations of the stock tt225 TB.

There are also kits that use the 80mm TB from I think Dodge Hemi platform. These are ran on aftermarket manifolds almost always.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
You need to make an adaptor plate to fit a larger 75mm TB on a stock manifold. I did when I fitted one to my BAM manifold. No point doing it unless you are running more than 400bhp even then it won't make much difference.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks chaps.

I have a Grams inlet manifold to no need for and adapter from inlet manifold to tb. I understand the incrase in hose from the intercooler to tb.

So is a v6 TT tb going to be plug and play... in theory ??

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The Grams inlet manifold is sized for stock or 80mm tb.

Any idea from which VAG member i could doner from and indeed then would it be as simple as fit, plug in and go. (Intercooler hose mods aside)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts