Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to your forum and need some of your wisdom.

2001 TT Coupe. Radio makes a popping noise (multiple pops per second, not only when turning on). All channels and all sources.

Removed the radio (Concert) and amplifier (8N8035223). When connecting back the amp, I can hear radio and, as I keep plugging the amp, the popping noise starts.

Has this been seen before on your forum?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
I am new to your forum and need some of your wisdom.

2001 TT Coupe. Radio makes a popping noise (multiple pops per second, not only when turning on). All channels and all sources.

Removed the radio (Concert) and amplifier (8N8035223). When connecting back the amp, I can hear radio and, as I keep plugging the amp, the popping noise starts.

Has this been seen before on your forum?

Thanks
With or without engine running?
Ignition on or off?
Mac.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
As you loose all sound when the amp is unplugged, I wonder if your system Bose chance?
Mac.
Silly question, should have run the vid full screen!
I'll try and figure a way to check the Bose amp. My guess is a fault in the power side of the amp. Might be worth looking for a second hand one. I think there are two types, early cars and later. If any Bosers out there know the details, please speak up, as I'm not well up on Bose.
Mac.

·
Registered
9,964 Posts
I had problems similar to that on my Golf Mk6, the stereo had a 'media pack' (which is essentially an MMC port) and when I fitted a MMC bluetooth thingy.. I got that I cannot remember the setting I changed, and it might be totally unrelated. Just mentioning a similar symptom.

·
Premium Member
2,736 Posts
Next thing to check is whether the noise is coming from the radio (via the left and right line outs to the amp), from the 12 volt supply, or is pick up/interference on the line out wiring between the radio and the amp. Firstly, unplug the 20 way ISO socket on the back of the radio.
This disconnects the radio line outs from the amp. It also disconnects the control wire that brings the amp out of standby, (the amp is powered from with un-switched 12 volts). So you have to connect the control PIN on the ISO socket (the end on the loom) to 12 volts to bring the amp out of standby. There are several ways to do this, I am not going to detail this, as if you can't work it out yourself, you shouldn't even think about doing it. Sorry if this odd, but shorting 12V to anything other than the correct pin could be disastrous.
Here's a pic from the internet that shows the relevant pins.
Hope this makes sense, and good luck. Any queries, just ask.

Rectangle Map Font Real estate Engineering

Mac.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts