Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
you shouldnt need it . AFAIK the side windows are coated with a sort of teflon stuff , the same as on some aircraft
You can see this when it rains as the water just runs straight off

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts
I've been using Rain Wizard on my cars for ages. Fantastic not to need the wipers over 40mph. It's loads better than Rain-X (about 10 times) as it lasts for 6 months per application. It's not manufactured anymore as the company Bluecol was bought out by Rain-X who promptly shut down production in favour of selling the inferior Rain-X :roll: There's more money in something that wears out and needs regular replacing :? .

If you've found a source of old stock I'd be interested as I've only got a few bottles left from my last old stock last buy :p .

Perhaps you've got some on your side windows Russell :lol:

Click to enlarge - the graph is a comparison with Rain-X!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
hi john , no my side windows are not treated with anything but I did remember reading an article in a Audi brochure saying the TT has the same type of glass in the side windows as a fighter plane
It said they were rain repelant.
If they were coated with rain wizard before i got the car 2 and a half years ago then it would have worn off by now
when I wash the car or it rains the water just beeds up and runs off , I think they are brilliant :wink:

·
Registered
315 Posts
Just reading on other sites that this stuff is terrible in drizzle or light rain and especially bad at night. Has anyone found this to be true?

·
Administrator
33,050 Posts
Craigliverpool said:
It's not the same stuff but perhaps works in a similar way - it does mention cars but then again it doesn't say it repells water like the others, which if it did you'd think they would go on about. Are you going to try it for us? :p May be worth a search before trying just in case it isn't suitable.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.