Audi TT Forum banner
41 - 60 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
I get a slight whine from the gear box when taking foot of the accelerator between 50 & 40mph, below that and it goes off.
Had the gear box taken apart and inspected by Audi who replaced bearings and 5th gear,although it works ok noise is still there, told its just one of those things that often happens and does not mean there is anything wrong with the box.
Oh and my teeth rattle when I accidentally go over one of these bleedin pot holes near where I live.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Recently had a whine and rattling coming from the passengers side front seat....... [smiley=help.gif]

But when i dropped her off at work this morning it went away :p

Dave [smiley=smoking.gif]

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have a TT MK2 roadster and have been getting I noise from the rear left side when going over bumps. But if the roof is down no sound and drives like a ninja

Any thoughts as to how I could get rid

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
84 Posts
Dash pot creeks, sounds like leather on leather rubbing, but only during sunny periods so probably due to expansion when warm. Cured by turning the Bose sterio up more.lol. :) :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
My car has 2 persistent rattles, the first comes from the passenger side,i thought it was the seatbelt but i recently found it was not the case so im searching again :x , the second one comes from the dashboard but can only be heard at sunny days.
In general its a silent car considering the quality of the roads over here, by the way i´m from Mexico, greetings UK friends.

·
Registered
220 Posts
C9KER said:
I have a TT MK2 roadster and have been getting I noise from the rear left side when going over bumps. But if the roof is down no sound and drives like a ninja

Any thoughts as to how I could get rid

Happy dayz I found out what the problems was wooo hop

I got my car serviced to day at Hatfield Audi and there done a health check on the car and notice that the stone guard is damage. They recommended that I change both sides, so I went along to parts and ordered the part. The guy informed me that they have a lot in stock which made me start thinking that this must be a design problem thats why they keep a lot of such a part...I was right because the new one is rubber and kits different from the hard tough plastic one you get from new. Also the gut informed me that this is a problem for our cars because of the ride high of the car when going over humps and big bumps.

My car drive so nice over bumpers and humps now very happy with the car no....no more rattling yay

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
Lyons said:
-:[KM said:
:-":2jx4jhbh]
Shug750S said:
I remember this rattle.
Solved with these....
http://www.minigenuineparts.co.uk/mini- ... 8.036.html

Although I have modified them slightly so they hang lower. :wink:
Photo?
Sorry it's took a while...
Belts.

And while we're at it. A rather expensive sounding 'knackered shock' sounding rattle from rear.

Problem. Broken holding lug on rear trailing arm muck guard.

Solution. Rubber vibration damping at point of contact.

How long it'll last is up in the air. However, it took 10mins a side. So if it lasts a year or two I'll be happy!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hi

Where did you get the belts holders from...is it a new from Audi or after market?

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
I bought mine from BMW. You might get 'em off fleabay, or the link in the post even.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Ding Dong the rattles dead! More like a resonant ZZZ on rougher tarmac at 0 to 40 mph. After 3 years I've found it. Peaceful bliss. It is in the overhead light cluster. I wedged a blunt knife tool into the side of the overhead light cluster to get inside it and have a look. The cluster wouldn't budge but the jamming stopped the rattle. Worst case I can pack this out with something permanent but I would like to remove the cluster to have a look but afraid of applying too much pressure and breaking something.

This follows 3 years of living with it and swearing it came from the dash. Removed the Glove Box and Radio on a test run recently but it was still there. Should have tried the overhead cluster sooner.

Anyone know how the light cluster is removed? Is it just a strong tug?

·
Registered
633 Posts
Hello

Getting a Annoying rattle from behind the ashtray? Only happens when the weather is hot! and on rough road. Is worse if I slid open the ashtray door?

Regards

·
Registered
984 Posts
Well, had my TTS from new (Dec 2011) and not one rattle, creak or actually any noises that shouldn't be there :p

·
Registered
10,722 Posts
Only creak I get is if I rest my knee on the central part where gearstick is when going round a bend.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Have annoying buzzing noise from around the ashtray, only on rough roads and gets worse if I open the ashtray lid?

Have removed the ashtray and re tightened the three bolts but the buzz is still there, none of the clips where broken. Seem to be comming from the lid itself?

Regards

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
I had a buzz today too. Very light metallic sounding buzz. It went away after I pushed the plastic cover of the handbrake forwards into the normal driving direction. When I pushed the plastic all the way back again (1 or 2 mm or so) the buzz was back. So in my case it's the handbrake, more precisely it's probably the spring that locks the plastic handbrake cover.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I get a rattle from around the exhaust, I think it's something to do with whatever opens to make it louder when you put it in sport as sounds like its coming from the left corner. Maybe whatever opens is loose or the mechanism maybe.

It's quite a loud rattle when it starts up and then more when I open it, not to bad after that though I can't hear it for the engine and exhaust then!

·
Registered
633 Posts
jont122 said:
Have annoying buzzing noise from around the ashtray, only on rough roads and gets worse if I open the ashtray lid?

Have removed the ashtray and re tightened the three bolts but the buzz is still there, none of the clips where broken. Seem to be comming from the lid itself?

Regards
Hello

Pluged a charger into the cigarette lighter, and the buzzing noise seems to be coming from that? has anybody else had this problem?

Regards

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
Yes I had that recently. It wasn't the charger that was buzzing, it was the cig lighter itself that I'd put in the cup holder that was buzzing.

·
Registered
633 Posts
TT-driver said:
Yes I had that recently. It wasn't the charger that was buzzing, it was the cig lighter itself that I'd put in the cup holder that was buzzing.
Hello

The noise is coming from the cig lighter fitting not the item plugged into it?

Regards

41 - 60 of 98 Posts