Audi TT Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I've only had my car two weeks and I began hearing an intermittent rattle coming from the drivers side, i pushed the panel left of the footrest and the rattle seemed to go. Bear in mind this would come on at totally random occasions - smooth roads / bumpy roads / grassy fields and at slow and high speeds so very random. I personally think though that it might be caused by the panel vibrating and the heat from the centre console perhaps causing minor flex.

I followed some helpful guides into removing the panel and the footrest and believe the noise came from a joining clip of trim vibrating against the main centre console unit, put a sheet of insulating tape on the trim side and a thin strip on the console, hopefully that will resolve it.

If not, I'm gonna pop down to the Audi dealer and see what they can do, for a two week old car (AUV), it is a bit annoying.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Who knowns which year the facelift TT starts from? I am wondering which year the white clocks come in to play
People are telling be it's 2008 and some say 2010 which one is it???!

·
Registered
633 Posts
jont122 said:
Hello

Getting a Annoying rattle from behind the ashtray? Only happens when the weather is hot! and on rough road. Is worse if I slid open the ashtray door?

Regards
Hello

Found that most of the rattle over rough roads was coming from the arm rest pad on the handbrake lever?
Tightened it and added a little padding and most of the noise has stopped. There is still a faint rate dominating from the ashtray?

Regards

·
Premium Member
204 Posts
I have an annoying rattle/buzz coming from the ashtray area as well - definitely worse if I have a charger plugged in. Wiggling the cover or pressing on any area of the ashtray works but only for a few seconds and then it comes back again ... sometimes does it when the cover is shut as well and lighter in situ. If I put my hand on it, it stops ...

Any (diy) ideas? Car is in for service next week at Audi, but I suspect they will charge to investigate, as car is now out of warranty. Thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All, I have a TTS that I have had for 7 months. There is an annoying vibration on the drivers side which seems to be coming from somewhere behind the driver. I still haven't pin pointed what is causing it. Anybody had similar? It often seems to go away after 10 minutes. Thanks

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Still have creaks and squeaks from my bucket seats in the RS,gets pretty annoying if I start concentrating on every noise they make.

·
Registered
402 Posts
On the second day of ownership I noticed this slight rattle on mine on the driver side (LHD) I thought it was in the AC Vent, and there is another one coming from the center console. I hate rattles!! I hate noticing them, having runflats does not help....

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Sure it's the parcel shelf?

A common rattle is the boot lid itself. On the shut face of the lid there are two rubber buffers, one each side.
Try screwing them out a bit at a time and re-check for the rattle. Check at each adjustment that the boot lid will shut ok.

·
Registered
402 Posts
My center console has this annoying rattle, it appears it's coming from the ashtray and this other rattle on the drivers side which appears to come from the corner (Vent? A-Pillar? Dash?). How common is this? If I could get these rattles to go It'd be awesome.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Rear boot shelf - broken plastic connector on one side causing it to be loose.

Bit of blue tac stuck in the hole did the trick! :oops:

·
Registered
569 Posts
Had some rattle from the parcel shelf ish on a really cold day.

Other than that, occasional rattles from the dashboard, and the speaker in the passenger side door is causing some rattle as well.

I'm not too fond of tearing the car apart myself - any experience in the price of fixing these things? It's a '07 model, so no warranty or anything :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
a high frequency buzz/rattle on certain road surfaces. i found it to be the interior light cover. bit of well placed blu tack should remedy it. other than that no rattles.

·
Registered
483 Posts
And while we're at it. A rather expensive sounding 'knackered shock' sounding rattle from rear.

Problem. Broken holding lug on rear trailing arm muck guard.

Solution. Rubber vibration damping at point of contact.

How long it'll last is up in the air. However, it took 10mins a side. So if it lasts a year or two I'll be happy![/quote]

Fixed this on mine at the weekend, took a slightly more robust approach and binned the crappy plastic fixings that hold this and put in to bolts, large washers and stiff nuts.

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Only one I get in my almost 8 year old roadster is in the region of the passenger's left ear when the roof is put up after it's been down. Lasts a few miles then goes away 'til next time. Never traced it.
Unless we are talking about my 27 year old GTi which has more rattles than a nursery. Too many to trace.

·
Registered
495 Posts
techbananas said:
My passenger side front pillar creaks all the time, it is doing my head in. Has anyone found a fix for this?
mine too, I will probably take it apart and put some silicone spray on the clips.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts