Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to remap a 180 quattro if so is it worth it? does it effect mpg too much as i currently get between 30-37 mpg..

also is it possible to put the car in permant 4 wheel or even better make the car rear wheel drive ?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Do a search mate loads of info!!

Yes certainly go well the 180bhp!

And you ideally will want a Haldex Blue controller to alter the 4x4 effect.

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
You need to brush up on your searching skills, as there is plenty of information on both these subjects.

Haldex info:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=158507

The Haldex is permanent 4 wheel drive, with most of the torque being delivered to the front wheels during normal operation. This provides you with better fuel economy to a vehicle where the drive is locked 50/50. In the event of loss of traction the Haldex will vary up to 100% of the torque to the rear wheels. The Blue Haldex unit (available here and other places: http://www.thettshop.co.uk/performance. ... uct=600427) will make the shift of torque more aggressive.

Here is a thread on remapping a 180:
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162048

Maps vary from vendor to vendor. Generally a stage one remap will produce about 205bhp, and 230 ft-ib torque. An improved fuel-consumption has often been noted. Although there are no reports of failure from a remap, you are naturally putting more strain on the engine. Items that are prone to failure (such as coil-packs) tend to come to light sooner. Although a well looked-after car (warmed up, cooled down, serviced) should not experience any negligible effects.

Remaps are available from a number of vendors, Revo and CustomCode being popular names. General opinion is, if you can get to him, visit Wak for a VagCheck remap (again, search the forum for details).

·
Registered
182 Posts
Yes it can be done, mine runs about 220 bhp after, mpg mainly around town is between 22-26, obviously more on a run. Car was given a thorough going over recently and has done 74,000 miles and no problems. Not sure where you live but if your are near Surrey try Vagcheck, great service and so much knowledge, tel Morgan or Wak no 07768665123

·
Registered
538 Posts
liam said:
ive done a search but i cant seem to find any info on the blue haldex or mapping the 180 does this pose any risk of damage to the car?
Dash has summed it up for you!

Yes they remap very well. If you are up the North East, drop me a PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.