Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does any one use sensodyne? if you do, does it work becuase im fed up of my teeth being sensitive when i eat or drink cold drinks :(

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Yes it works! Best mate's dad is a dentist and he recommends it too.

·
Registered
10,498 Posts
I didn't get on with it, I use Crest and it seems to do the job nicely.

·
Registered
24,233 Posts
My dentist once said to me to not use sensodyne long term, but to every so often use normal toothpaste also. Not sure why this was but equally Sensodyne is good. I love going to the detist also :p

·
Registered
494 Posts
My teeth are incredibly sensitive and sensodyne is a fantastic paste - i have used for two years now with great results compared to the likes of colgate etc

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
ausTT said:
My teeth are incredibly sensitive and sensodyne is a fantastic paste - i have used for two years now with great results compared to the likes of colgate etc
Ditto :p

·
Registered
19,096 Posts
Just don't brush your teeth at all Bobbie - let them get really furred up and that will stop the sensitivity - ok so you may need them all pulled out eventually, but either way you won't have sensitive teeth :)

Sorry but having read all the sensible replies I was overwhelmed with the need to post something daft :)

Charlie

·
Registered
202 Posts
Sensodyne does work well particularly the newer one. Colgate Sensitive also works well. Some people also find high flouride toothpastes (colgate durphat) can reduce sensitivity.

Are you certain your sensitivity is not due to recession and/caries?

If not try to get:

http://www.gceurope.com/products/detail.php?id=112

This is the best I've found and is the same material I use in whitening gel to reduce sensitivity.

The only problem is it's only available through dentists and it's quite expensive (about £20 per tube!)

·
Registered
1,512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Charlie said:
Just don't brush your teeth at all Bobbie - let them get really furred up and that will stop the sensitivity - ok so you may need them all pulled out eventually, but either way you won't have sensitive teeth :)

Sorry but having read all the sensible replies I was overwhelmed with the need to post something daft :)

Charlie
i wouldnt expect anything less from you charlie :lol:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'd let your dentist know - sensitive teeth need to be treated properly rather than just changing your brand of toothpaste.

Duraphat toothpaste is quite good, but shouldn't replace normal toothpaste (even if you can afford it!!!) because it contains a high level of fluoride - likewise some dentists also recommend that you don't use mouthwash at the same time you brush your teeth as it can stop the toothpaste going to work.

The best thing is to ask about a varnish/desensitizing product (again there is a Colgate/Duraphat one) that the dentist would apply for you that shields the sensitive part of the tooth.

·
Registered
2,157 Posts
just brushing them once in a while would do you good and your breathe wouldnt smell like a dogs bum :lol: :lol:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.