Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Brembo 4 Pot setup on the front, with red calipers. I quite fancy getting the rears done to match (as small as they are) it will look a bit more even.

Will this look better or will it draw attention to the rear calipers making them look even smaller compared with the front? :-D

Do you guys paint your rear carriers as well or not?

Cheers.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
Hi Hollow' I have just fitted a Brembo GT kit too and Im planning to paint my rear calipers too.I have seen a few and they look OK its a pity the rear disks are so small as well but rears look fine when you paint them.

·
Registered
83,929 Posts
Get them painted no need to paint the carrier
Use japlac enemel from you can get it from B&Q is is a spot on match for the Brembo red

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers guys, I'll get on it after my holiday.

So leaving the carriers unpainted won't make much difference to the appearance then?

·
Registered
83,929 Posts
Hollowman said:
Cheers guys, I'll get on it after my holiday.

So leaving the carriers unpainted won't make much difference to the appearance then?
You cant see them when the wheels are on :p

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What's the best colour red to use which will match the brembo red?

I got quoted 80 quid plus VAT for a garage to do the rear calipers. Needles to say I would rather DIY.

·
Registered
83,929 Posts
Best paint and best match by far is Japlac red used it on the qS and they match the front Brembos perfectly

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Same as jimmyf done front and rear with the small tin of heat proof pain from halfords really nice red and only cost around £12 for a tin ..... Done all 4 callipers and still loads left
Bit dirty but only pic I got
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357777025.823755.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
NJ. said:
Get some of these bad boys...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/4PCS-Brembo-B ... 231682dbf2

No, wait, dont
:D haha why on earth would any one invent them let alone buy them .....
But you could always go for a nice pink some one in work sprayed there Subaru callipers so had to get a photo
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357783419.790124.jpg

But never used heat proof paint so will be nice to see what they look like after the car is built up and had a nice long run :(

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts