Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to get my rear calipers refurbished as one is sticking very bad,

so I looked at getting my fitted calipers refurb'd, when I get an offer of some "256 calipers" now some searches show these as an upgrade VAG guys do, but are these the standard size I have (2000 225) or are these different, also I have seen post in the past about getting bigger disks for the back, has anyone any info on this?

Ta for any advice?

·
Administrator
2001 Amulet Red 225 coupe.Owned from new as well as a Nurburg VXR & an XR3, all from new.
95,351 Posts
Hi Stub, TT 225 discs are 256mm x 22mm ventilated anyway, so not an upgrade as such.
I wouldn't put bigger discs on the rear, without bigger discs on front.
Hoggy. :D

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Stub said:
I have to get my rear calipers refurbished as one is sticking very bad, so I looked at getting my fitted calipers refurb'd.......?
Why not clean it yourself?

Had a sticky rear caliper on a Honda and it took a couple of attempts to fix, but after that it was fine for years.
Basically just fully extended the piston but gradually using wooden plates a bit at at a time to stop it falling out, clean piston with scotchbrite, and fine emery then grease using special grease that won't melt the rubber seal and work in and out a few times.

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hoggy said:
Hi Stub, TT 225 discs are 256mm x 22mm ventilated anyway, so not an upgrade as such.
I wouldn't put bigger discs on the rear, without bigger discs on front.
Hoggy. :D
OK so 256 is standard, great info thanks,

so whats the max disk size i can use with these and what are people recommendations for disks and pads?

·
Registered
83,930 Posts
You can get 300mm disc kits from tarox and ECS that use the standard calipers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts