Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Passed MOT today but had a advisory note on rear coil springs, started corroding so wanna get them done asap really.

My question is what is the part number and how much am I looking at for rears?

All I know is that It's a 2002 facelift model and the rear springs have 3 red dots from what I can see.

Really wanna make sure I get the exact ones, as i've heard a few people on here ending up with pre facelift springs on and the back end sitting high! :-o

I'd rather get OEM springs unless there is a decent aftermarket set that does the same 20mm drop as the facelift springs?

Cheers.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
chrisj82 said:
Time for lowering :D
Ha! Nah I quite like the post facelift height, it's a happy medium.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Hollowman said:
Passed MOT today but had a advisory note on rear coil springs, started corroding so wanna get them done asap really.

My question is what is the part number and how much am I looking at for rears?

All I know is that It's a 2002 facelift model and the rear springs have 3 red dots from what I can see.

Really wanna make sure I get the exact ones, as i've heard a few people on here ending up with pre facelift springs on and the back end sitting high! :-o

I'd rather get OEM springs unless there is a decent aftermarket set that does the same 20mm drop as the facelift springs?

Cheers.
3 red dots spring part number is 8N0 511 115 G and are only available from dealer or TPS, cost about £130 a pair from dealer and less from TPS if you've got one near you.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cheers buddy that's a massive help. I'll give Audi a bell after my holiday.

I'm right in thinking red dots is the colour as they look slightly pink in certain lights. :-D

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Hollowman said:
Cheers buddy that's a massive help. I'll give Audi a bell after my holiday.

I'm right in thinking red dots is the colour as they look slightly pink in certain lights. :-D
Had a look in Etka and can't see any rear springs with pink spots for post facelift lowered suspension, so must be red.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts