Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

My TT has Xenon plus with daytime driving lights (std, no led) with a separate on/off switch. So when main light switch is in 0-position, another switch controls daytime light. But rear lights are always off, except with xenons.

Has anyone idea how to turn rear lights on when using just front daytime lights? Maybe VagCom etc?

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
DRL legislation is for fronts only to be on. You will note that other cars with DRLs do not have their rear ones on. Its for improved visibility for other road users.

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
I don't really get this one. Aren't you more likely to run into someone from behind, because of bad visibility (and lack of attention!) than head on. When this was tried before, back in the 1970's, rear lights were lit as well. Don't Volvos etc. light there rear lights? Are they going to be forced to mod them so they don't come on? :?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry, gotta clarify. In Finland rear lights must always be lit. If only front is lit, whole DLR is useless in Finland. In Germany you should have rear lights on the highway, but usually they use main headlights on. Insurance won't cover if someone crashes you from behind, if rear lights not lit.

·
Registered
127 Posts
BMW illuminates the taillights with the DRL in the US - I kind of like that feature.
Since my TTS only illuminates the DRL in "auto" mode, the headlights and taillights switch on as soon as it get dark at all - not sure I like that feature...

·
Registered
8,416 Posts
There are US and Scandanavian DRL modes that can be switched on by the dealer. Scandanavian has the rear lights on and US doesn't. The intensity of light at the front is also slightly different in the two modes. I think Scandanavian is brighter than American.

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
I'm pretty sure only my front DRLs come on when set to Auto.

·
Registered
127 Posts
wja96 said:
There are US and Scandanavian DRL modes that can be switched on by the dealer. Scandanavian has the rear lights on and US doesn't. The intensity of light at the front is also slightly different in the two modes. I think Scandanavian is brighter than American.
You sure? (ie with Vagcom?)

·
Registered
273 Posts
Lippo said:
My dealer says they can't do the modification...

Seems that I must burn the xenons.
They would say that. My set up has the DRL's on all the time but can be switched off through the options. When I have side lights on the rears and DRL's are on and then main brings the Zenon's on as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.