Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help....i've replaced the front speakers, with new crossovers etc....but the rear coxael speakers are causing my slight issues......

The old ones have a connector (non-bose)....with a good 8 wires going in.....and my new speaker just has the 2 connector points.....I've looked at that pdf of the speakers stuff for the TT..but it doesn't have the info i need......so question is......

how do I go from the original 8 wires for the rear speaker connect down to 2.......I haven't got a clue which ones to take or how to adapt them......any advice would b very welcome....THANKS :? :?:

was the built in non bose amp attached to the speaker?????? - i assume it was in the door somewhere? - but I don't see how to get this rear left working?

·
Registered
506 Posts
The speaker can have only 2 attachment points - a '+' and a '-'. Re-attach as per original wiring. Post a pix to illustrate what you see.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

Thank you for the message. To illustrate my progress… I already upgraded the stereo and front speakers, removed rear seat kit and both rear panels.

I was hoping you could give me some advice how to connect my new rear left speaker to the iso, which has got 8 wires in. The old speaker has got a plug, but the new doesn’t, so I am a bit confused.
I did one mistake - I cut the left 8 wires out of iso and tried to connect two of them ( which are similar on the right side) with the new speakers, but then my stereo stopped working at all. I had to replace the fuse and connect those 8 wires with the iso again, than I plugged it back in to the left rear speaker and luckily it’s working again, ( stereo and front speakers), but non of the rear. I will add that they used to work. Probably I damaged the amp, as the fuse burned. So now, I don’t know what to do next frankly…

Any help would be muchly appreciated!

Best
J

·
Premium Member
2,700 Posts
I'd recommend fitting a new rear amp, if you're fitting new drivers. The existing amp won't do justice to decent drivers.
The 8 way connector on the amp houses:
Output to RH Driver (+ & -), 12V supply (+ & -) to the amp, switched 12 volts control (from the HU, to bring the amp out of standby), RH Line in, LH Line in, and Line signal ground. The LH Driver is fed direct from the amp pcb.
I bought a mating 8 way mini ISO connector, and fitted a mid price JBL amp and matching drivers. I fitted the drivers to the trim cards, (not ideal, but easy, and sounds good), and modified the original CD changer bracket to hold the JBL amp.
Mac.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Good people!

Thank you very much for finding time and getting back to me. That is exactly what I needed !

I am going to buy a new amp then - probably Vibe
( I heard some good opinions about it) and try to manage all those wires somehow, so I will let you know, how it went soon 😬

Massive thanks and all best to you both
🙌🙌

1 - 10 of 10 Posts