Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes i snapped the drivers side rear spring :evil: slowly reversing off the drive with my son in the rear and BANG
Pulled back on drive and checked with a torch through the wheel and sure enough its snapped at the top.

So I dont supose any one in the north has a spare set they want to sell ???
Mine is pre face lift with pink spots on

·
Registered
84,237 Posts
Sorry mate I had a set in the garage for 5 years iI binned them a couple of months ago

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No probs Andy I'll give it a couple of days before I order some new ones

Cheers anyway :wink:

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
Just sold a set of springs with pink spots....posted couple of days ago. Only thing I can suggest is that you pm him as he was talking about just replacing a pair, but cant remember if it was front or rear. (I sent him the full set)

Drop him a pm mate. prt225TT
http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/pr ... le&u=18660

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Hiya,
This maybe a long shot, but I have a set of springs off my 2004 TTR that have 3 silver grey dots on the rears. Had to ask the missus as I am a tad colour blind. :oops:
If they are any good to you then they are yours FOC.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hark said:
Just sold a set of springs with pink spots....posted couple of days ago. Only thing I can suggest is that you pm him as he was talking about just replacing a pair, but cant remember if it was front or rear. (I sent him the full set)

Drop him a pm mate. prt225TT
http://www.********.co.uk/ttforumbbs/pr ... le&u=18660
cheers Hark I think it was the rears the same as mine as i remember reading the post

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
gt russell said:
Yes i snapped the drivers side rear spring :evil: slowly reversing off the drive with my son in the rear and BANG
Pulled back on drive and checked with a torch through the wheel and sure enough its snapped at the top.

I have some with 5 pink dots you can have them foc :D

Tom. :)

Pm me :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you TT4PJ , if they have silver dots they maybe too low on ride hight as mine are pink but thanks anyway :)

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
taylormade-tt said:
gt russell said:

I have some with 5 pink dots you can have them foc :D

Tom. :)

Pm me :)
Pm sent :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
both my backs are broke rides like a bag of bolts look at getting new ones from fleabay 155 spring set hoping to diy them would i need aliment doing ?

is there a cheaperb place to get them ?

soz for hijack but maybe you may need to get new

·
Registered
12,754 Posts
SOFTTY said:
both my backs are broke rides like a bag of bolts look at getting new ones from fleabay 155 spring set hoping to diy them would i need aliment doing ?

is there a cheaperb place to get them ?

soz for hijack but maybe you may need to get new
You could get eibachs for that mate.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thr dots mean the spring type ie rating and lenghth, determins how the high or low the car sits and how firm the suspension is :wink:

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
I have pink dots on mine, in fact I was looking at them yesterday as one side seems higher than the other! So on one side there is more space between the wheel and the arch than the other.

Anyone know what this would mean? Higher one a newer replacement spring?

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
you need to check carefully by jacking up car and removing the wheel tha sits lower ,check the spring for breakage , it should'nt be too hard to spot

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
gt russell said:
you need to check carefully by jacking up car and removing the wheel tha sits lower ,check the spring for breakage , it should'nt be too hard to spot
This is what I was thinking however they all seem to sit at the same hight bar the drivers side rear which seems higher!? Really strange.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
check to see if they all have the same number and colour of dots , It may be that one might have been replaced before you owned the car

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.