Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe i said it before but the streets over here are terrible. After just 200 km there is this noise, a squeashy noise coming from the rear; yesterday i discovered that it comes from some kind of rubber that involves the rear dumpers, and the noise is more noticeable from the left side(here is the driver's side). I inspected the rubber and it seems its fixed firmly and in place. Anyone had this before?? I can't believe i have a trip to the dealer so soon... :x

I've also noticed i small vibration when i turn the sterring wheel, it barely can be felt but i think its also worth a check.

Anyone can say something about this??

·
Registered
2,637 Posts
Can it be one (or more) of the transport blocks that has not been removed?

That happened to me on my first Mk2 TT (the left rear side). You can easily spot it, as it is a green (I think) rubber/plastic piece that is clamped arround the upper part of the shoch absorber.

You can read more about it here, and see a pic of how the transport bølock looks like:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=95956&hilit=transport+block

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have to check it out again, but what i've notice is that the upper part of the damper has a red kind of rubber involving the damper and it seems the noise comes from that rubber... the "blocks" are made from plastic or rubber??

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Arne said:
Can it be one (or more) of the transport blocks that has not been removed?

That happened to me on my first Mk2 TT (the left rear side). You can easily spot it, as it is a green (I think) rubber/plastic piece that is clamped arround the upper part of the shoch absorber.

You can read more about it here, and see a pic of how the transport bølock looks like:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=95956&hilit=transport+block
Thanks to your advice i checked the suspension and... SPOT ON mate!!!! I couldn't believe my eyes when i spotted the green transport blocks on the dampers at the rear and the ones in the front! I was pissed but relieved at the same time when i discovered this, the car felt bumpy before but now i have the impression the suspension now is more forgiving. And last the car looks lower too as yesterday i could easly reach the rear dumper with my arm, today no more. :)

So thanks to the great people in here i was able to find out a big mistake made from the dealer. I would be runnning the car another 5 6 days with the blocks before taking it to the dealer....

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
Glad you got it sorted easily. I was going to post the same suggestion but Arne beat me to it. There were a number of incidences of dealers leaving the transport blocks in place around 3 years ago when I got my first TT so it was one of the things I checked at the time. I'm surprised that any dealer now would get caught out by this.

I'd be very tempted to take the blocks back to the dealer and politely ask the Service Manager to explain what they are.

·
Registered
8,671 Posts
Dear oh dear! This has to affect the cars handling/stability. Unfortunately, it''s not uncommon - there were a lot of instances of these blocks being left in when the Honda S2000 was first launched.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.