Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a set of BBS/Speedlines and after lowering the car the rear wheels are right out to the edge.
I think they are rubbing.
So what I need to know is if I can change the rear camber to bring the top of the tyre away from the edge of the arch?
Has anyone done this and are there spefic settings for this?

The offset on the rear wheels is ET 41 and the rear is lowered by 30mm.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Mattyl on here is your man to ask, I was speaking to him over on edition38 about some A7 wheels he has on his MK2 TT.
He's running 9x19 ET 33 with 6mm spacers on the back :eek: and his car is really low. When I asked about the wheels and how he managed to get away with such a low offset he said it was all down to the camber and tyres,so I take it it's possible.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
st.pauli said:
Mattyl on here is your man to ask, I was speaking to him over on edition38 about some A7 wheels he has on his MK2 TT.
He's running 9x19 ET 33 with 6mm spacers on the back :eek: and his car is really low. When I asked about the wheels and how he managed to get away with such a low offset he said it was all down to the camber and tyres,so I take it it's possible.
Now that's low
So any idea on what kind of adjustments I need as mine is only 30mm lower with 255/35/19 tyres?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Not sure if the rear camber on the TT is officially adjustable,I think you might have to look at a camber kit or adjustable rear tie bars but I''m sure someone will be along to correct me if I'm wrong :roll: or you could always try a 235/35/19 tyre.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Adjustable bushes & tie bars are available but adding camber will wear the tyres on the insides.

Sent from paul4281's iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
The rear cambers are very adjustable. I'm sure you could put on at least 2 degrees of negative camber. I'm running about 1.75 neg camber each side to help with the tyre rubbing issue on the rears. Of course it's recommended that you put the front cambers to match but if you can get 1.0 degree of neg camber on the fronts then your doing well. They are less adjustable than the rears which is a shame as the rears look like they could get a chunk more. In short, yes you can solve tyre rubbing on the arches by adding camber which the TT is capable of.

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
McKenzie said:
The rear cambers are very adjustable. I'm sure you could put on at least 2 degrees of negative camber. I'm running about 1.75 neg camber each side to help with the tyre rubbing issue on the rears. Of course it's recommended that you put the front cambers to match but if you can get 1.0 degree of neg camber on the fronts then your doing well. They are less adjustable than the rears which is a shame as the rears look like they could get a chunk more. In short, yes you can solve tyre rubbing on the arches by adding camber which the TT is capable of.
That sounds good.
So do I have a four wheel alignment done?
Does this include the camber adjustment?

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Well really you need a fast road alignment done. You could go down to your local tyre place but they wouldn't be happy putting too much camber on as it would be out of their "recommended" alignment ranges. Really I think you need to find someone willing to work with you on getting a good fast road set-up done, for instance Awesome GTI worked on mine and they put on max front camber and some rear camber to my liking. Toe angles also can be tweaked to get a better handling car too. Have a scan on the internet at local tuning garages and they would be able to help you out :)

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
McKenzie said:
Well really you need a fast road alignment done. You could go down to your local tyre place but they wouldn't be happy putting too much camber on as it would be out of their "recommended" alignment ranges. Really I think you need to find someone willing to work with you on getting a good fast road set-up done, for instance Awesome GTI worked on mine and they put on max front camber and some rear camber to my liking. Toe angles also can be tweaked to get a better handling car too. Have a scan on the internet at local tuning garages and they would be able to help you out :)
Thanks,
That sounds the sensible option.
I'm thinking of having a APR remap at Awesome anyway. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.