Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
leaving this quite late, but for August this year.

Need recommendations on destinations and where to book.

Did want to go to Kenya Safari and then sun/beach, but not keen on issues surrounding Kenya and don't want to worry ourselves or familes etc.

Ideally would like majority (at least 7 night) of beach/sun holiday outside europe and a few days if possible doing something different, New York, Safari, or some good sites. If not a full holiday inclusive in Indian Ocean or Carrabians etc.

However budget is tight, as it doesn't take us far, but circular of £1k each.

Would ideally like clear blue sea, white sand and in those exclusive huts on beach type rooms, but i don't think our budgets permit.

Also want to avoid heavy rainfall etc.

thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,844 Posts
We did 12 nights in the Maldives last Oct/Nov for about £700 each all inbut had to drive up from Devon to fly from Manchester. I can't speak too highly of the Islands, did loads of snorkelling, saw an amazing array of fish and spent lots of time lazing on the beach listening to my Ipod and reading books!
Wish I hadn't typed this I want to go back sooooooooo much!

There are deals around but they take some finding. Good luck, we got our deal through First Choice if that helps.

cheers

Stewart
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,244 Posts
Hi Mate

A perfect destination sis Phuket in Thailand...

An island called Phi Phi island - BEAUTIFUL place, clear waters... basically have u seen 'the beach'? That was filmed on an island near to phi phi... phi phi is better!

Check it out on google - also, check on the season - dont want to get caught in the rainy time!

Also, this is near to where the tsunami hit - but dont let that put u off - i went there 2 years ago and they said as result of the wave, the water is now clearer and hotter! Its a beautiful place..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
453 Posts
sotgn said:
We did 12 nights in the Maldives last Oct/Nov for about £700 each all inbut had to drive up from Devon to fly from Manchester. I can't speak too highly of the Islands, did loads of snorkelling, saw an amazing array of fish and spent lots of time lazing on the beach listening to my Ipod and reading books!
Wish I hadn't typed this I want to go back sooooooooo much!

There are deals around but they take some finding. Good luck, we got our deal through First Choice if that helps.

cheers

Stewart
Second that Stuart!

We did 7 nights in Sri Lanka then did 10 nights in the Maldives last year. Loads of history and culture to see in Sri Lanka, we did a tour of the island, stayed in the tea plantations in the mountains and stayed out in the wild in a hut on stilts with monkeys knocking on our roof! Went on safari, saw the devastation of the Tsunami, then went for a chill out in the Maldives.

The islands really are paradise! We stayed in a jacuzzi water villa out on stilts in the ocean, we could just step off our balcony into the clear waters and go snorkeling. Really relaxed atmoshpere, just sit and watch the sun go down, eat great food and in the evenings we had great bands and went on various little excursions, night fishing, visiting other islands, and even had a couple of meals on the beach under the moonlight!

Very awesome places to go. I perhaps wouldn't go back to Sri Lanka as its one of those "once you've seen it, you've seen it" kind of places and there would be no reason to go back. Service was amazing there though as we used to rule Sri Lanka 150 years ago, they love us and can't do enough for us!

Think it cost us about £1500 each, but we flew Emirates which wasn't cheap and everything was as specced up as we could get it. Well worth paying the extra!

Steve.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,753 Posts
p1tse said:
leaving this quite late, but for August this year.

Need recommendations on destinations and where to book.

Did want to go to Kenya Safari and then sun/beach, but not keen on issues surrounding Kenya and don't want to worry ourselves or familes etc.

Ideally would like majority (at least 7 night) of beach/sun holiday outside europe and a few days if possible doing something different, New York, Safari, or some good sites. If not a full holiday inclusive in Indian Ocean or Carrabians etc.

However budget is tight, as it doesn't take us far, but circular of £1k each.

Would ideally like clear blue sea, white sand and in those exclusive huts on beach type rooms, but i don't think our budgets permit.

Also want to avoid heavy rainfall etc.

thanks
In the tropics, August is right in the rainy season, so you are probably better off looking at the Med if you want dry and hot.

South Africa good compromise tho - not too far, wildlife, weather, scenery.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,966 Posts
I can recomend Vilanculos in Mozambique some lovely Islands ideal for Honeymooners, very quiet and exclusive.
Went there in 2006 as I have relatives there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for some suggestions.

thailand doesn't really appeal for some reason.

want outside europe, more afield than cyprus done that and it was nice.

maldives, srilanka sounds good.

steve o , where did you book yours for that many nights at £1.5k that's good and could stretch a little.

will check out the above links too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,754 Posts
I'm in the same boat but for the following year. Were going to look at Safari 1 week plus 1 week maldives or somewhere similar. Not sure now as we also considered doing Thailand or America and spending 3 weeks or so doing that properly. Any feedback welcome.

I'm getting married in the December of this year so saving that big honeymoon for summer 09, am looking for ideas to book for a week mini honeymoon in xmas hols. Thought about skiing, but have never been. Log cabin, snow, warm fire :p Any recommendations or places to avoid?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,966 Posts
Hark said:
I'm in the same boat but for the following year. Were going to look at Safari 1 week plus 1 week maldives or somewhere similar. Not sure now as we also considered doing Thailand or America and spending 3 weeks or so doing that properly. Any feedback welcome.

I'm getting married in the December of this year so saving that big honeymoon for summer 09, am looking for ideas to book for a week mini honeymoon in xmas hols. Thought about skiing, but have never been. Log cabin, snow, warm fire :p Any recommendations or places to avoid?
For a Winter Honeymoon I would reccomend Zermatt in Switzland, even if your not a skier it's very luxsurious think the village has 18 michelin stars between it's restauants/hotels
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
any other recommendations for august time

open to all suggestions

only thing i'm finding with tropical areas is rainfall ;-(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
910 Posts
sanibel island on the gulf coast of florida is a double of the carribean but safer.................due to your buget im not sure.

gorgouse place tho!

will deffo go back one day.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,753 Posts
p1tse said:
any other recommendations for august time

open to all suggestions

only thing i'm finding with tropical areas is rainfall ;-(
That's beacause you are chosing to go at the wettest time of year - during monsoon.

Affecting most southern equatorial places, the southwest monsoon runs from May to October. Generally the southwest brings most wind and rain in June and July and August.

Maldives, Sri Lanka, Seychelles, Mauritius, Kenya etc all affected.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24,233 Posts
coTTsie said:
sanibel island on the gulf coast of florida is a double of the carribean but safer.................due to your buget im not sure.

gorgouse place tho!

will deffo go back one day.
I was about to suggest Sanibel along with Captiva and Marco islands and the whole strip of the Gulf coast. It is gorgeous 8)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Matt B said:
www.bluebaytravel.co.uk. Mexico is fabulous and you should be ahead of the hurricane season if you go in august. We went for the tulum on the mayan riviera. This is a good site for honeymoons.
mexico in august can be mighty hot though can't it?
if so maybe a bit too hot and uncomfortable? but i'll check when i get home on that link. thanks
 
1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top