Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently my ESP light and red ABS warning light has come on whilst driving, I don't need to be braking and each time it has come on I have been driving smoothly. When I turn my car off it then dissapears as if there is no problem and then it may not come back on for a while. Confused I scanned it and found this under the ABS section.
Has anyone got any ideas or suggestions what this is and what I should do about it. Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
100 Posts
I had a similar problem and it persisted even after changing the longitudinal accelerometer. It was eventually tracked down to an earth fault onthe accelerometer. Connect up the diagnotics and then trace the outout of the accelerometer, mine was flicking between zero and max output even when stationary.

·
Registered
674 Posts
My ESP light came on the other day and stayed on. Got home switched off and the next time I used it - and every subsequent time, the light has stayed off. Consulted the owners manual and it says something along the lines of "light can come on for a bit sometimes. If it doesn't come on again don't worry about it". But being the worrying kind I do...
Had my codes read today at service and there's nothing stored in the ECU. I'm thinking it might be related to the fact the car had been off the road with the battery disconnected for a month prior to the time the light came on, but that's just a guess. I'd be interested to hear from anyone with any info on this.

·
Registered
13,044 Posts
Danny Wilde said:
My ESP light came on the other day and stayed on. Got home switched off and the next time I used it - and every subsequent time, the light has stayed off. Consulted the owners manual and it says something along the lines of "light can come on for a bit sometimes. If it doesn't come on again don't worry about it". But being the worrying kind I do...
Had my codes read today at service and there's nothing stored in the ECU. I'm thinking it might be related to the fact the car had been off the road with the battery disconnected for a month prior to the time the light came on, but that's just a guess. I'd be interested to hear from anyone with any info on this.
Hi Danny, could be a sensor on the way out, or if lucky you may have just "confused" the ECU into a fail situation.
I previously had it trip, when on slippery surfaces/potholes and had to recycle the ignition/wait 5mins to clear.

If it is a sensor however, you need to scan it whilst the sensor is failing, as when the sensor 'recovers' /'settles down' the code may self clear and the light will go out.
When scanned have a look at:-
SELECT CONTROL MODULE
03 ABS
MEASURING BLOCKS,
then look at blocks, 3, 4 & 5 together. They should all be stable around zero +/- small tolerance.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im not sure if this has any connection to the 65535 abs fault code but my brake lights are intermittently working. My gf noticed when she was driving behind and said they only come on once in a 20mile trip. When i tested them they come on 1 in 10 times. Could this be related to my ABS/ESP problem??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts