Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

More of what people think as everyone has there own ideas.

I have 2 options, either refurb the original 9 spoke alloys or buy a new set of wheels?

I have only recently put on a new set of tyres 225-40-18

If I bought new wheels and they were 18" 8.5j wide would I still be able to use the same tyres? Or would they not work as well?

If I changed the wheels, I was thinking either the 3sdm alloys 18" 8.5j or The Dare rs style, I think caliber also do something similar.

Not sure if any of the wheels will look decent as I'm only lowering the TT by 25mm on eibach pro springs, any thoughts?

Have a set of 10mm spacers somewhere in the garage which I'm going to put on.

Does anyone know the quality of the wheels above?

Sorry if this is random and loads of irrelevant question.

B.

·
Registered
84,234 Posts
You hope to lower 25 mm the Eibach springs have been known to raise the ride hight not lower it they did with my TT my advice would be to got with H&R or another make

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
You hope to lower 25 mm the Eibach springs have been known to raise the ride hight not lower it they did with my TT my advice would be to got with H&R or another make
Dam it, I've bought them already I thought they have been rated well, didn't really want to compromise the harshness of the ride.

Also booked in for this Saturday with my ARB's

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Don't worry, eibach should be OK. My car has been lowered by the previous owner, 20mm at the front and 45mm at the rear (prefacelift).

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not too bothered about the money, just want it set up right as I'll by moving to OZ mid next year and want to get everything done before the, as I won't really find much out there.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Borisp said:
I'm not too bothered about the money, just want it set up right as I'll by moving to OZ mid next year and want to get everything done before the, as I won't really find much out there.
I'm sure you've picked up that I'll be shipping the motor out with me :p

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
YELLOW_TT said:
So the TT went into the garage today to get the R32 front Anti Roll Bar and eibach springs put on.

YELLOW_TT you were totally correct the ride hieght has come up by 10mm all round - that's quite a bit considering, not really happy it's come up but the drive is so much better now and a lot smoother.....

Has anyone tried to call Eibach and explain the car height has risen instead of lowering? and if they have done anything to rectify this? Not sure what to do now, as i've splashed out for labour already so don't want to spend more money doing the work again.

Will post some before and after pics later.

·
Registered
5,665 Posts
25mm lowering is only valid on pre-facelift with OEM dampers. ;-(

My 2001 = your preface lift, is only down 20mm down with bilstein dampers.

cheers.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Borisp said:
YELLOW_TT said:
So the TT went into the garage today to get the R32 front Anti Roll Bar and eibach springs put on.

YELLOW_TT you were totally correct the ride hieght has come up by 10mm all round - that's quite a bit considering, not really happy it's come up but the drive is so much better now and a lot smoother.....

Has anyone tried to call Eibach and explain the car height has risen instead of lowering? and if they have done anything to rectify this? Not sure what to do now, as i've splashed out for labour already so don't want to spend more money doing the work again.

Will post some before and after pics later.
Don't worry, the eibach springs will snap soon and lower it some more... Mine did :roll:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.