Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of our Turbines had an unexpected encounter with a kerb a few weeks ago :(

Damage was pretty bad, and before I could get this one fixed, I bought this one on Ebay with a good tyre, with similar damage, with the intention of getting it fixed first, then swapping out our damaged one to get refurbed as well...that way I'll have a spare...a new one from Audi is around £360

The ebay purchase

A local contact sent it away to a firm called Lepsons, based in Kent. Got it back today, and what a difference :) ...paint match is spot on, and the match is perfect with the centre caps as well

If anyone else is looking for a firm to refurbish wheels, I can recommend Lepsons

Best part....only £65 including carriage both ways :D

The result

Ignore the light "scratches" in the corner of the spokes - just reflections from the flash after I'd waxed and sealed the alloy

·
Registered
231 Posts
That looks a quality job. Im going to need both fronts doing at some points and hope they come back of that standard!

·
Registered
26,074 Posts
phope said:
One of our Turbines had an unexpected encounter with a kerb a few weeks ago :(

Damage was pretty bad, and before I could get this one fixed, I bought this one on Ebay with a good tyre, with similar damage, with the intention of getting it fixed first, then swapping out our damaged one to get refurbed as well...that way I'll have a spare...a new one from Audi is around £360

The ebay purchase

A local contact sent it away to a firm called Lepsons, based in Kent. Got it back today, and what a difference :) ...paint match is spot on, and the match is perfect with the centre caps as well

If anyone else is looking for a firm to refurbish wheels, I can recommend Lepsons

Best part....only £65 including carriage both ways :D

The result

Ignore the light "scratches" in the corner of the spokes - just reflections from the flash after I'd waxed and sealed the alloy

Has she driven it since? (ducks for cover)

·
Registered
903 Posts
Yes, they have a website, not the most useful imho
I wanted to see if they could do the bi-colour wheels.
A bit far to go from sunny Manchester though.

http://www.lepsons.com/

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Godzilla said:

When I picked up my wheel, the guy had some BMW M3 wheels there for collection that had been refurbed by Prestige Wheels

Fully repaired OEM diamond cut finish, with dark inserts - probably technically very similar to the bi-colours in finish

·
Registered
823 Posts
phope said:
Godzilla said:

When I picked up my wheel, the guy had some BMW M3 wheels there for collection that had been refurbed by Prestige Wheels

Fully repaired OEM diamond cut finish, with dark inserts - probably technically very similar to the bi-colours in finish
Ok, now I'm confused! :lol: I thought you sent your wheel away to kent, who's, "the guy"?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.