Audi TT Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to change a burnt out bulb. Seems a little fiddly - got to the holder and it seems to twist slightly, but doesn't want to pull out. Am I missing a trick? Is there a clip somewhere? Instruction manual doesn't help a great deal.

Thanks.

·
Registered
10,872 Posts
It should be just twisting, it is on mine, non-LED DRL. Check through the glass what's happening as you twist. Careful though... it's Audi quality so things may break and bulb holders are not delivered separately. After twisting, the holder should come out effortlessly.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So definitely a twist and pull by the sound of things.

Looking through the glass it does actually twist. I don't want to force it, but it sounds like I need to twist it that little bit more.

·
Registered
13,237 Posts
From memory it's an ordinary 21W bulb so press in slightly and turn anti-clockwise. As above, check to see if the glass has become loose in the metal base part. If that's the case pull the glass part off, taking appropriate precautions, and use pliers to remove the base.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You've lost me there mate. Are you referring to the bulb or the holder? My issue is releasing the holder so I can get to the bulb to replace it.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Edited for clarity.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts